cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nickpengaras
Adept II
Adept II

WHEN WILL ADRENALINE SUPPORT APU SYSTEMS?

Hello everyone,

I'm owning an APU, the latest update I can get is

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1

amd drivers.png

and as it says here only Crimson Software supports APU SYSTEMS, so they why when we reach AMD DRIVERS PAGE and insert our system info and we try to find the latest driver we can download Adrenaline which by the way doesn't work, or why they keep on sending us alerts for new updates? This is so bad for AMD, I'm no longer supportive of this company, I used to support AMD and I was trying to promote her to friends and family, now I will only speak the crystal clear truth, which is that they don't give a damn! I've spent hours on trying to find drivers after promoted updates! I paid 700€ for my HP laptop and I will not buy a single new AMD product again!

Bye.

0 Kudos
45 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: WHEN WILL ADRENALINE SUPPORT APU SYSTEMS?

So I'm guessing you have Windows 8.1 on that laptop, an OS Microsoft terminated first party support for, and an OS which is not allowed to receive any updates if used with Ryzen or Kaby Lake or newer processors. Microsoft has not closed the loophole which allows Windows 7 and 8 product keys to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, I suggest you use it. This is not AMD's fault, it is Microsoft's.

0 Kudos
nickpengaras
Adept II
Adept II

Firstly, I have Windows 10 (Updated - April's Creators Update), secondly as it says to the picture I attached, it includes Windows 10, so all Windows 10 APU systems are only supported from Crimson! You have to read everything. Also I downloaded and clean installed (after I ran AMD CLEAN UTILITY TOOL) 17.11.1 and it didn't even supported that!!!, so I went back to 17.7.3, it's really depressing cause I have a linked GPU of 4GB and I still run League of Legends (at medium settings) on low fps! This is sad and unprofessional, I used to recommend AMD to everyone, now I don't even recommend them to myself!

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Maybe you should post your APU model.

Your reading the compatible description of a pre Adrenaline driver, here's the description from 18.5.1

and an older Crimson(pre 'Relive' edition) 16.7.3

They are both from the same APU model.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos
nickpengaras
Adept II
Adept II

Yeah I know that, but it doesn't really work, there have been several threads about this issue and nobody found a clear answer, I will post now my system info, if you could help me.

amd drivers 2.png

amd drivers 4.png

amd drivers 5.png

amd drivers 3.png

I can't update anymore than 17.4.3!

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't have a laptop, so can only suggest trying Laptop graphics update...How to

Don't use the 'clean up utility' (you probably have the old vers. ?)

You only install the drivers for the APU (A10-9600P(not A series with R5)), and as your updating from an older crimson version, I suggest you use the (built-in) Custom > Clean Install option.

I would also go offline for the install (to stop MS trying to override the driver install).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
nickpengaras
Adept II
Adept II

Thanks for trying, I've tried everything, I even gave permission to a Microsoft assistant from "Get Help" to do all this himself, he failed... 

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Screenshot the exact error you get when you attempt to install 18.6.1, not the minimal setup, the full package.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows+10+-+64

0 Kudos
nickpengaras
Adept II
Adept II

Ok thank you, I will do that, I will post by tomorrow, have a great day

0 Kudos
nickpengaras
Adept II
Adept II

Hello

I've tried installing 18.6.1 , but It didn't work. So here are my screenshots.

1) Installation ( WIFI off).

amd drivers 6.png

after the restart I would right click to go to radeon setting, but there were no Radeon Settings , so I clicked to "Show Hidden Icons" on Windows taskbar and I found the Radeon Settings Icon, I clicked on the icon and get this.

amd drivers 7.png

Clicking on Device manager after installing 18.6.1 and restarting my laptop.

amd drivers 8.png

if you could help me I would love to find a solution after 1 year... I've been trying literally  for 1 year to get the drivers right...

0 Kudos