Hey guys, Radeon VII owner here and recently started noticing an issue. I first thought this was a monitor issue but have isolated it out and believe its now the graphics card.
Basically what will happen is the display port cable monitor will start to flicker randomly, it does this about 20-50 times a day. I use it for a work computer, so I'm on it all day. Once it starts flickering more often the cursor will turn into a blur of random pixels.
So today it did it and I decided to start troubleshooting, I have 2 connected 32 inch monitors and an extra 27 and 32" monitor on another computer.
1. I moved the mouse cursor between the HDMI and DisplayPort monitor and the issue goes away on the HDMI monitor. only present on DisplayPort Monitor.
2. I turned off the monitor and back on, same issue.
3. I unplugged and re-seated the display port cable, same issue.
4. I used a new display port cable, same issue.
5. I used a display port cable to mini display port, same issue.
6. I used a HDMI cable, no issue.
7. I connected the problematic display port cable to the second monitor which only uses HDMI. Issue appears
8. I connected the display port cable to mini display port to the second monitor which only uses HDMI issue appears.
9. I got another 32" monitor from the other PC, connected it with a display port cable, issue appears.
10. I got the other 27" monitor from the other PC, connected it with display port cable, issue appears.
11. Connected all 4 monitors with HDMI, no issue.
12. I used another "BRAND NEW" display port cable, issue appears.
13. Reboot computer, issue goes away and flickering resumes....
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: AMD Radeon VII
Motherboard: Auros X570 Ultra
RAM: G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Drive1: Samsung - 970 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD
Drive2: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 SSD
Drive3: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" SSD
PSU: Corsair HX850i Platnium + Type 3 Cables
Monitor 1: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ 31.5" WQHD 144Hz FreeSync Curved (DISPLAY PORT)
Monitor 2: LG 32" 32GK650F 1440p 144hz FreeSync (HDMI)
Case: Corsair - Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case
Windows 10 64 bit 1909
Radeon Software Version: 20.2.2
Motherboard BIOS: F12e
Mouse cursor corruption has been an issue for years, sadly. It is not related to flickering that you get on your monitor. There are numerous threads about cursor corruption and no real solution.
For flickering on a VII, see https://community.amd.com/message/2976618 (I had this issue on an HD7950 as well, and on the VII right now, see my post currently at the end of that thread.)