cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

caduceusrising
Journeyman III

Two RTX 580 GTS xxx cards for non gaming 5 monitors - primary card 100% utilisation but discrete 0%

Hi All

I have two XFX RX 580 GTS XXX cards running with a Ryzen 5 3600.  I have a large screen and 4 monitors for trading and I am trying to use OpenGL for Sierra Chart chart production (AMD doesn't properly support OpenGL but that's another conversation).

I have tried using Crossfire but as I am not gaming and it doesn't work it seems... so I simply plugged different monitors into each card.  However, both the Radeon Software and taskmanger monitor are showing the primary card is taking all the load first.

I have tried everything to get the load distributed - both Radeon and Windows graphics settings and changing the config of which screen is plugged into each card... but can't seem to get an even load distribution.

So, iss this normal and intentional and the discrete/2nd card is processing but not showing the load i.e. I should not be concerned?

Or is there some config I am missing (I've searched the web)?

Or should I be trying to use Crossfire with all the monitors plugged into the primary card?

Much appreciated

Cad

0 Likes
0 Replies