Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kal-bro
Journeyman III

Screen goes black when updating drivers

So I just build a new PC with

Intel Core i5-12400F

ASRock B660M PRO RS LGA 1700 Intel B660 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard 

Silicon Power 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model SP016GXLZU320...

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G5, 80 Plus Gold 650W 

MSI Mech Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC

When I tried to update my gpu drivers, it flickers a few times and then it blacks out and my monitor says no signal.  I've tried to install the AMD drivers with adrenaline but it still blacks out while installing. I've already done the clean install of my video drivers using the DDU, I've tried to install the drivers in safe mode and when I do a normal boot the initial boot screen comes up but it blacks out after and I've also updated my BIOS on my motherboard and I'm still having this problem. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, if the build is not compatible or perhaps the card is bad. Is it possible that my monitor is the issue. Currently using an Acer XF251Q and I'm wondering if I need to use the display port instead of the HDMI, although the monitor only has a HDMI and VGA. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies