AMD Graphics Card

Sapphire nitro rx 5700 xt

driver version : Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2

Desktop

Operating System:

Windows 10 64bit Driver version installed : 1909

Display Devices:

LG Oled55C7P
connection/adapter in use: HDMI 4K resolution and refresh rate: 3840 x 2160 Or 1920 x 1080

Motherboard + Bios Revision
Make and model; MSI x570 gaming plus Bios Version 7C37vA84
CPU
Make and model number: Ryzen 5 3600 x
Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
EVGA Supernova 850
RAM
Amount of memory installed; 16GB corsair 3600

Describe your issue:

the issue is that i get black screens in about all games i play ( farm sim 19, CS go, palidains, monster hunter, resident evil 3 and some others)
regardless the settings of high or ultra i get black screens.

0 Likes
1 Reply
landolf
Adept I

Would be good to know what frequency your memory runs at.

Had a similar problem with a new build, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just both screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (2 different PCIe-cables for GPU, set PCIe-slot to 3rd gen, since I use a x570 board, updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing, installing 5 different older GPU drivers and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X, single rank (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes