Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

billga
Journeyman III

RX580 - Didn't detect another display

Hello everyone.

A few days ago I had my pc playing some music and I was in the room. Sudenly I hear that the player has stucked. Moved the mouse but the screens didn't go on so I had a hard reset.

Since then I have issues with the known "Didn't detect another display" error. It radomly sometimes activate the second screen (plugin and unplug the HDMI) but then the 1st one deactivates. Tried removing the GPU twice in case there is something wrong with the connection on the PCI but no luck.

For some reason yesterday both of them worked then after shuting down and powering it on again they do the same thing.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
billga
Journeyman III

Posting a new update, if someone in the future has the same issues.

Even though a graphic screen was appearing in "Display settings" (a small 4:3 screen) as I said when pressing "Detect" is was not detecting. The Radeon Software was able to duplicate; but duplicate only not extend.

The trick was:

Pressing the Windows key + P and then choosing extend makes the screen work as an extention. Don't know why windows denies to make it work the other way but yes. Thank god it is solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
billga
Journeyman III

Posting a new update, if someone in the future has the same issues.

Even though a graphic screen was appearing in "Display settings" (a small 4:3 screen) as I said when pressing "Detect" is was not detecting. The Radeon Software was able to duplicate; but duplicate only not extend.

The trick was:

Pressing the Windows key + P and then choosing extend makes the screen work as an extention. Don't know why windows denies to make it work the other way but yes. Thank god it is solved.

0 Likes