cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ferroic
Adept I

RX580 crashing under max load

I am having an issue where my MSI RX 580 8GB Armor mk2 crashes when under high load. E.g. I can play a game fine at 720p 60 fps, but upon increasing to 1080p 144 Hz, after a few minutes both monitors will lose signal and my pc will become unresponsive. Audio still works, and if I am on a call before the crash occurs, I can still chat to people through my mic.

In my opinion this could either be a power or gpu issue based on earlier testing.

I've done some testing by filming the performance metrics built in to the Radeon software. At the time of the crash today, the temperature was hovering around 70°C (was actually 66) and the power consumption from the GPU was between 73 W and 57 W, although earlier it was hovering at around 100 W. My PC is plugged into a UPS, and was drawing less than 400 W. Based on this, I don't think its a power supply problem anymore.

Other details are given in an earlier post to this forum: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/computer-crashing-black-screen-probably-related-to-amd-master/... Here I mentioned Ryzen master, although I'm now pretty sure its completely unrelated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ryzen Master has no influence on this, is only for the CPU anyway. Try using the keyboard shortcut Win, Ctrl, Shift and B to reset the graphics driver. Just try one screen to see if the problem persists. Turn Windows' game mode off and or activate full power in mains operation and energy saving like me. Problems like this have been dealt with here in the community a number of times. Check the Multiple Screens Setup to see which heart rate is displayed for the screens, which will be different for you.

0 Likes

Is your Monitor showing any type of Artifacts (Video Distortions)  when under heavy loads or before it crashes? 

Run OCCT GPU and GPU MEMTEST and PSU Stress test and see if it crashes.

If running the GPU or GPU MEMTEST and you get errors that can indicate your GPU card is going bad.

When running these test keep a close eye on temperatures and PSU Outputs and Fan speeds to see if you see anything abnormal before it crashes if it crashes during the test.

also run MEMTEST86 or Windows Memory Diagnostic to verify your System RAM is good.

Could also be a driver issue so try installing a previous AMD driver and see if the same thing occurs.

0 Likes