Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jager995
Adept I

rx 6900 xt works only on 1080P

Good morning,
I recently had quite a few problems with my RX6900XT.
Before it just gave me the black screen and "solved" that problem only started working in FHD resolution.

My current configuration is:
- intel i7 4900K
- ram 8 gb Corsair
- gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5
- termaltake 750w

- QVE 4TB Samsung
- LG 27GN850 QHD screen

Everything worked fine until the latest windows update and AMD drivers.
I tried uninstalling and installing everything again. Change the BIOS settings, change the Radeon Adrenaline Software settings, but nothing.

On the new configuration the situation is even worse as I only get the black screen.
The new configuration is:
- Ryzen 7 5800x
- HyperX Predator 32GB RAM
- Gigabyte X570 Aorus (with F35c bios)
- Sharkoon 850W
- LG 27GN850 QHD screen

- QVE 4TB Samsung

I don't really know what to do.

0 Likes
7 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Hi,

To start with I would dump that Sharkoon PSU and buy something decent like Seasonic..

Sharkoon are even sold by WISH! If it's new I would pack it up and return it..

AMD recommend a minimum of 850w for your graphics card and it would have to be a decent one too...

I know Seasonic are expensive but you get what you pay for..

Your PSU is the part you need to spend money on..

Also, use 2 separate cables to power it not one into 2..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Agree with @vialli100 ,

A good Corsair HX or RM PSU,even a good EVGA.I Don't use anything less than an 850W Platinum PSU.Currently on a 1200HXi.

The PSU is the single most important part in a PC,never cheap out.

0 Likes

The PSU is not the problem, I have already done the tests with different power supplies and 2 cables for the power supply.

0 Likes

Did you try both HDMI and DisplayPort or HDMI only? 

My 4K panel refuses to give 4K@10 bit per channel if I use HDMI, for example, so I use some cheap but hefty looking/feeling DP cable that I bought for some $24 on aliexpress years ago, and it just gets the job done.

0 Likes

Yes, I tried both with HDMI and with DisplayPort

0 Likes

What does custom resolution utility (CRU) say about your available display modes? Also, try creating a custom resolution through driver settings (control panel -> Display), will this work? 

0 Likes

No, if I try to do a custom or s change resolution it brings me back to 1080

0 Likes