Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ansuu
Journeyman III

RX 6800 black screen in dx12 and vulkan games

Hello,

i have a problem with dx12 and vulkan games on RX6800. In games using these api appear random black screens. Games running on dx11 and dx9 works perfect. I tested on Star Wars Battlefront II and on dx12 mode this game causes black screen but when i switch this game to dx11 game works stable. Serious Sam 4 on vulkan causes black screens but on dx11 work stable. Cyberpunk 2077 on dx12 causes black screen. I tested some dx11 and dx9 games like Realm Royale, Paladins and Guild Wars 2 and all those games work stable. Black screen dont appear on gpu stress test, and desktop activities like web browsing.

If black screen appear pc dont respond but i hear sound few seconds, and i have to push power button for restart.

PC specs:

GPU: RX6800 Saphhire Reference

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

Mobo: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x16GB

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

Radeon driver: 21.6.2, tested most older versions and same problem. On 20.12.1 driver dx11 games causes black screen too, but on newest drivers only dx12 and vulkan.

Anyone know some solusion for this problem?

0 Likes
35 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Re: RX 6800 black screen in dx12 and vulkan games

I recommend replacing the motherboard(many people have this board burned), given your processor, perhaps the power supply chains can not cope with the load, you can try to update the BIOS to the latest version. Or if you find out exactly what is wrong, connect the video card to another PC, and install firewood there and try to play. If there are no problems, then the motherboard does not pull 5800x, the maximum that it was originally designed for is the 3000 series of processors, despite the fact that support for the 5000 series has been added, 5600x may pull. Directx 12 loads 6-12 core processors perfectly, and directx 11 loads 1-3 cores poorly.

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

Thanks for answer. I tested on a Ryzen 1600 processor before and had the same problem. I also tested a different graphics card RX 570 8GB and it worked stably on the Ryzen 1600 and Ryzen 5800X. At the moment, there's the latest bios on the motherboard. 5800X stress test is stable. Im tested RAM too, and 0 errors. I don't know if it's important but monitor is Xiaomi Mi Monitor 3440x1440, 144hz via displayport.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

This is definitely not RAM (the system would be unstable and the PC would turn off or reboot), if the rx6800 on another PC causes the same problems, most likely the problem is in the video card itself. I correctly understood that during the game on directx 12, the game itself works but there is a black screen on the monitor(there is no inscription on the black screen, for example: no displayport signal? Alternatively, try connecting either another monitor or a TV if it supports the display port. Or reduce the refresh rate of the screen to 120hz. Perhaps the displayport version of the cable is 1.2, and you need 1.3 and higher 1.4 1.4 A.

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

I tested the 120hz refresh rate and after 3 hours of play a black screen appeared. Previously, the problem was between 5 and 30 minutes of play, but in this case it could be just luck. When there is a black screen, the game works for a few seconds and then the computer shuts down, but the fans are still working until manually turned PC off with the power button. The word "no singal" appears on the monitor and monitor goes to sleep state. Windows event log just say unexpected shut down, Event ID 6008.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Did I understand correctly, the rx570 card behaves stably both Ryzen 1600 and 5800, and the rx6800 is not stable in both cases on 12 directx? Tell me which cooler or liquid cooling system do you use? And In the stress test of the processor, how does it behave, what temperatures and frequency does it keep in the stress test? Try using amd adrenaline to fix the fps below the monitor frequency for example: monitor 144hz and fps 141 or 120hz fps 117(freesync can also be turned on) And download the CrystalDiskInfo utility to check the status of hard drives. Has there been such a problem before, or has it just not appeared for a long time?

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

RX570 is stable in any case, but performance is low. I have had the RX6800 since the premiere, I bought it to play cyberpunk 2077 and there was a crash every few hours. I thought it was the fault of the driver because it was the first version of the driver. After that, I only played dx11 games for half a year and there were no problems, but when I started Star Wars Battlefront II on dx12 yesterday the problem came back. It's very strange. I am not able to understand how dx12 games cause crashes on this graphics card. The problem occurs with both freesync on and off. Enabled and disabled resize bar but only in dx12 and vulkan games. CrystalDiskInfo says the disk is 100% good. Maybe the fact that the motherboard has pcie 3.0 and the graphics card 4.0 is a problem? I have this cooling system https://pl.aliexpress.com/i/4000269208885.html , not very good but max temp in stress test is 80 celcius, in gaming 70 is max.

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

The RX570 is stable in any case, but performance is low. I have had the RX6800 since the premiere, I bought it to play cyberpunk 2077 and there was a crash every few hours. I thought it was the fault of the driver because it was the first version of the driver, and cyberpunk was very bugged game. After i finish cyberpunk 2077, I only played dx11 games for half a year and there were no problems, but when I started Star Wars Battlefront II on dx12 yesterday the problem came back. It's very strange. I am not able to understand how dx12 games cause crashes on this graphics card. The problem occurs with both freesync on and off. CrystalDiskInfo says the disk is 100% good. Maybe the fact that the motherboard has pcie 3.0 and the graphics card 4.0 is a problem? CPU cooler is Snowman MT-6, on stress test CPU had max temp 82C, most time was 75C, and frequency was near 4.6Ghz on all cores, tested one hour. GPU have sometimes 92C on hotspot but crashes are random not only on high temperatures. Crashes was also in one dx11 game The Beast Inside but whats interesting only in one cutscene always at the same moment. That was the same crash like in dx12 - blackscreen then pc shutdown, but in this game problem gone after some amd driver update and now this game is stable.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Strange behavior of the video card, there are articles about what amd has acknowledged the existence of problems with a black screen with the subsequent shutdown of the PC. AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Navi 10)
AMD Radeon RX 5700 (Navi 10)
AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (Navi 10)
AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB (Navi 14)
AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 4GB (Navi 14) Probably rx6800 and also got under the hand of this driver bug or defect of the graphics card, Or wait for a driver update, if there is a guarantee on the graphics card try to change rx6800xt surcharge, tembolee that prices have streamline fall on the graphics card.

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

Now i see one more thing. When crash is occur on mobo vga led is on until i restart pc on power button. Documentation says that means "GPU is not detected or fail".

0 Likes