cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MasterB8iter
Adept I

rx 5700 xt green screen and buzzing

help, this keeps hapning only when im gaming, and totally random, could dbe after 10 min of gaming or after hours of gaming but it will always happen, tried ddu, latest version etc.. and still nothing, any ideas? thanks

ps. when it crashes the cpu light on the mother board ligths up, ive checked temperatures and everything its all fine 

0 Likes
6 Replies
amdman
Challenger

I would try DDU then install the 21.11.3 or a little earlier series of drivers if you don't need fixes for the latest games,

Here are some other things to look at.

Here is an excellent list for troubleshooting by @ThreeDee:

Make sure your motherboards BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest AM4 Chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Make sure you are running separate power cables to each power input on your GPU

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

What speed is your system RAM running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

IF your RAM is running faster than 3200 speeds .. is your fclk (infinity fabric) set to 1:1?

Make sure Surface Format Optimization is unchecked in Radeon settings .. you might want to play with other settings in your Radeon settings as well

Are you overclocking anything?

What motherboard? BIOS up to date?

Are you running any modded PSU cables? .. PCIe Riser cable?

hi, so everything is up to date, cables are normal ram is normal, cpu is overclocked but it has been since i got the pc,  i checked a windows reliability viewer, and it showed me that the errors started since the 7/02/2022, was there an update or something that might have cause it? i will look at the chipset etc to update now, i had radeon settings all on default, never touched anything, i have installed the version 19.12.1 people said it was the best for my gpu and havent had the crash yet, i hope this helped you in helping me xd 

0 Likes

I run 2 of these rx 5700 xt's and the only trouble with newer drivers i ever had was because of windows system files were corrupted. I gave you sound advice up to you to follow it. good luck

thanks my dude, i will 

0 Likes

got this, did everything you said, now we wait xdsystemcheck.png

stokesjrj1
Adept I

1---Make sure your windows install is not corrupted

2--Run this command at a powershell administrator command prompt      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3--- Run this command at a powershell administrator command prompt    sfc /scannow

4---run display driver uninstaller in safe mode to clean up the amd files and registry

5---Reinstall the driver

Hope this helps and good luck