cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

adamwowjkez0r
Adept II

RX 5700 BSOD and PCIE issue

I bought myself an GIGABYTE RX 5700 GAMING OC 8G, I could not start the computer without dancing with a tambourine, it rebooted itself during the game. We managed to fix the problem by changing the Gen Switch value from AUTO to Gen3(MSI B450M MORTAR)IMG_20191016_190217.jpg Then the game started(AC Unity) normally, but artifacts with puddles are visible in the game and later caught BSOD. Latest driver 19.10.1
Also, my monitor began to flash randomly. Before that, I had the RX 570 Nitro+, there were absolutely no problems.

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 Gaming OC 8G
    • Operating System
      • Windows 10 Home 64bit 1903
    • Driver version installed
      • Latest. 19.10.1
    • Display Devices
      • 1920x1080 LG 23MP68VQ-P with FreeSync, HDMI 1.4b, 75hz
    • Motherboard + Bios Revision
      • MSI B450M Mortar, latest BIOS version with AGESA abba
    • CPU
      • Ryzen 3600 
    • PSU 
      • Aerocool Imperator 550w, bronze(update soon)
    • RAM
      • 16GB dual channel 3200mhz, model BLS2K8G4D32AESBK

0 Likes
9 Replies

adjust your ram speed down a notch

0 Likes

returned it back to the store, buy in a month with the new PSU 750w when they release a new driver and a new BIOS on agesa 1.0.0.4

0 Likes

adamwowjkez0r wrote:

returned it back to the store, buy in a month with the new PSU 750w when they release a new driver and a new BIOS on agesa 1.0.0.4

go for 80 plus platinum which pays for itself

0 Likes

thx for the advice, I decided that I would take Chieftec Proton 750w, platinum is too expensive for me and for such config

0 Likes

adamwowjkez0r wrote:

thx for the advice, I decided that I would take Chieftec Proton 750w, platinum is too expensive for me and for such config

The Corsair HX650i maybe affordable and its platinum

0 Likes

a month passed and I took the RX 5700 again, this time I updated the PSU on Chieftec GPS-750C, the BIOS on AGESA 1.0.0.4 in the beta version became available, I updated it too. Before starting, I completely cleaned the CMOS by removing the battery. I reinstalled windows and manually installed the latest drivers with the Internet turned off, 
then, using the update center, it was updated to 1909. As a result, not a single black screen, even when FreeSync is on.

Now it is not clear what was the problem - drivers or BIOS?
My "updated" system:

Ryzen 3600

MSI RX 5700 GAMING X

RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 3200MHz BLS2K8G4D32AESBK

MSI B450M Mortar with latest beta BIOS

PSU Chieftec GPS-750C

Display LG 23MP68VQ-P

0 Likes

I recently installed windows fresh on my X570 rig.

I was suffering from a lot of BSOD faults and questionable problems with drivers too.

The last WHQL driver is on windows update for GCN cards generally.

0 Likes
thelb
Journeyman III

I had the same problem (radeon 5700 xt recognised only in x8 and BSOD) and did a support ticket with AMD.

They told me to clear CMOS of my motherboard (remove the battery, and short the switch, check your motherboard manual on how to do it).

After that, AMD said to unplug my card and put it back so I did it with my 5700 XT, started windows and now it's recognised in x16!

Hope this helps you guys. I dont know about BSOD (just did it) but for now it's OK.

0 Likes

My motherboard has a button to clear the CMOS but most need to short 2 pins. Check you motherboard manual for specifics.

0 Likes