Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: RX 570 Crashing Constantly

Hey!

Did u install last drivers launched today? 20.11.2 (WHQL)

It contains some fixes for Rx 500 series and one of them is related with fan issues. 

For me never was a problem cause i always use Sapphire Trixx to control fan speed of gpu.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I know that power supply could be your problem.  Your PSU may needs a upgrade do it being bad or just to old or to weak.  If you have a different computer with a different PSU you want test that. 

1. Your power supply not be able handle the load.  Your tripping it.  Run as least 600 watt PSU  550 dead min.

2. Old power supply can die maybe a sign of that.  I have had several die on in past.  if you have a spare PSU you can test it.

3. Heat issue.  The card could be overheating do bad paste or air flow is block then cann't cool the GPU.    Sense I don't know the brand your card cann't maybe the issue.   

4. Your Board or CPU is bad or both.  If you tested with a another card of equal power draw then it work fine then that not the problem.   But just in case try to reinstall CPU ram reslot the card.  Make sure power cable are in properly.  CPU MAINBOARD GPU.  resloting the CPU you need thermal grease for that.  

5.  Could be card sag.  I had this problem with my R7 380 it heat up then sag glithing the system.  So I put the so was up right.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Hi thanks, so my PSU is 600W capable, and it's new

Normal working temp for this GPU is 30 °C / 95 °C as confirmed by XFX. I never go over 86 in the worst cases.

Board and CPu are fine. I used to have an RX 560 and it worked perfectly-

No sag, the card is perfectly fixed.

I continue to think it's the driver badly done Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Set the power limit slider to its maximum of 50 or whatever it is for your card, and for Polaris most don't like going over about 75 degrees with out resetting the driver occasionally. Set a more aggressive fan curve that kicks the fan up to 100% at about 70 degrees and see if that doesn't help your situation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

So it seems that increasing to 50% had some positive effect.

Thanks dude, I will continue to test but this is the best option I have at the moment. 👍

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Try the more aggressive fan curve too. Using both can really have a positive effect. However it is a bit noisier but better than dealing with crashes. 

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Are u talking about temperatures higher using Wattman!!!

I never use that wattman that is a crap.

I play with Sapphire Trix that contol fans much better and easier to config.

I never get high temperatures, even in games like Red Dead Redemption 2 never pass more than 60º celsius. 
I always suggest people use the app from gpu brand or as no other option afterburner that is a application that works fine with mostly gpu´ s.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

OK I followed your advice, but as my XFX has no specific utility I used MSI Afterburner to control my temps.

And actually that worked, for a while at least Smiley Wink

But last crash happened when I was at the menu, with zero load on the GPU.

TBH, this driver is a bunch of crap, and I hope AMD will fix it soon, because I spent some money on this GPU and I would like to use it as my old RX 560, that never had an issue,

Thanks for all advices, however. I will keep Afterburner because at least it guarantees decent temps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

You can use Afterburner but if you do you should not also change anything in Radeon Settings. Using both is known to cause system instability as well. 

There is fan control built right into Radeon Settings plus anything else that Afterburner can control on AMD. 

That being said I am not saying one is better than the other just it is not advisable to mix use with both. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Yes set this as u see here on my image.

This is on game profile settings and choose u games to set. Everything by default and i can use afterburner with no issues.Sem Título.png

So Afterburner overlaps with Wattman and replaces it as in my case I use the Sapphire Trixx and I never have any problems with errors or crashes

0 Kudos