I hope I'm in the right place to ask this. So I have the following configuration:
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700
RAM: 16,0GB 1603MHz (17-18-18-36)
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING (LGA1151)
VGA: 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (Gigabyte)
I have a weird black screen issue which randomly appears. First, the windows stop responding, after that, I see some artifacts around the mouse (which still moves), then the mouse also stops and the screen goes black after a few seconds. After the reset, it happens a few times and nothing again for days.
Things I've tried:
- replaced the PSU, I'm using a 700W Chieftech now
- replaced the display driver with an older 17 series from last year (WHQL)
- disabled a few things in BIOS
- disabled Chrome's option to use the hardware acceleration if possible
- updated every driver, even BIOS
In the event log, I see only a kernel 41 message, which I think caused by the reset, not the issue itself.
It happens randomly, during gaming, even after I just boot up the system and do nothing for minutes. Everything worked for almost two months.
At this point, I can think about three things: The OS itself, the VGA or the motherboard. Does anyone have experience with a similar issue?