cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Radeon VII fan header A output for modded fans ?

Hi i modded my Radeon VII with a morpheus II cooler and 2x120mm BeQuiet! silentwings fans.

Connected the GPU to a Gelid CA-PWM-02 (PWM Fan Adaptor for VGA Cooler Fan) and the latter to a Noctua NA-SYC1 splitter to which i connected the two fans.

Now in order to make sure i'm not going to toast my GPU, i want to make sure that it can handle this setup. Does the Radeon provide at least 1A and if so will this be enough to run the two silentwings?

0 Likes
1 Solution

well, that seems to solve the problem alright ! Couldn't find radeon VII specs on techpowerup site, but this makes it unnecessary. Thanks a lot for the help !

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I  was watching the video on how to install your GPU Cooler, why can't you connected both fans to the PSU or Motherboard Fan headers

Also I noticed that the Radeon VII isn't listed as being one of the compatible AMD GPU cards for that cooler. Are you sure you will be able to adapt that GPU Cooler to the Radeon VII PCB board:

https://www.raijintek.comenproducts_detail.php?ProductID=46

Compatible with AMD R9 390x, R9 Fury, Hawaii chip (R9 290/290x), Curacao chip (HD 7850, 7870 xt; R9 270/270x)

Beside, I would be asking RaiJintek Support that question. I believe only an AMD Engineer can answer the Specs of the VII Fan header and that may not be available to the public.

0 Likes

hi had already contacted RaiJintek to be sure it was compatible although the radeon VII wasn't listed on their site. They confirmed it was ok. Question really is fan related, not heatsink, so basically independant from RaiJintek.

I could hook up the fans to the Motherboard Fan headers, but that would have them spin according to CPU heat and not GPU one. I'd like to have the Radeon decide when it needs cooling, and not the CPU.

Normally most GPUs nowadays come with a 1A output, but I just need to make sure i don't overload the two silentwings before trying out that's all...

0 Likes

Try to find out the specs on the Radeon VII fans that are connected to the GPU card to give you a hint of how much amperage it can draw.

That information (Radeon VII Fan header specs) may not be available to the public. But you can always open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and asked them that question and see if they will answer you or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

EDIT: Where does Raijintek Support suggest you connect the fans to?  The GPU card or the Motherboard/PSU?

0 Likes

Raijintek Support only said the heatsink was Radeon VII compatible. I didn't question them about the fan placement, but Internet search results all placed fans under the morpheus (which is logical as the fans replace the triple stock fans of the GPU).

0 Likes

Well, I went to BeQuiet website and found the specs for your GPU Fans. They draw very little amperage (less than 1 AMP for both):

https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/718

Screenshot 2021-03-14 081041.png

The above specs is for Bequiet 120 MM Silent Wings III fans.

0 Likes

well, that seems to solve the problem alright ! Couldn't find radeon VII specs on techpowerup site, but this makes it unnecessary. Thanks a lot for the help !