Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

eyalch
Adept I

Radeon RX 5700 XT Randomly Crashing

Hello,

I've read at least 20 other posts with a title similar to this one and none of them had helped.

The driver keeps randomly crashing. Sometimes a week can go by without a single crash and sometimes not even 5 minutes. This has been happening with (at least) the last 4 driver versions that came out. I've had a crash in every game I play, which are mostly VALORANT, Rocket League, Sea of Theives, and Destiny 2.

I've reinstalled the driver at least 6 times.

System Information:

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Motherboard: B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) @ 3200MHz

PSU Wattage: 550W

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
15 Replies
BlkDrgn28
Adept I

Re: Radeon RX 5700 XT Randomly Crashing

I would look at replacing the power supply with at least a 600W one, as I was looking over the AMD specs for that card and that is listed as the min recommended wattage, so good chance the GPU may be underpowered slightly.

0 Likes
eyalch
Adept I

@BlkDrgn28  What can I do to make sure that this really is the issue?

0 Likes
BlkDrgn28
Adept I

See if a buddy has a 600+Watt power supply that you can borrow, or trust the manufacturers recommended specs

https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/21293-01-40g-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8g-gddr6

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

https://rog.asus.com/us/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rx5700xt-o8g-gaming-model/...

All 3 recommend 600W or greater PSU's..  But I would first see if you can borrow one to see if your computer stays stable before putting out $$$ for a new PSU.

eyalch
Adept I

@BlkDrgn28I really doubt it's the PSU. I've activated the performance overlay and the GPU PWR has never exceeded 150W while playing Destiny 2. Could it still be the PSU?

0 Likes
Ztnebi12345
Journeyman III

Unistal. driver and  adrenalin softver. Download last driver . Unpack on pc. Remeber where is unpuck.when instal start just cansel instalation. Go to device manager -display adapter-rx 5500xt- use update driver on disk ,find where is unpack driver on pc and instlal. Adrenalin softve is do not instal. Restart pc .Problem is resolved.

0 Likes
dreamquest
Adept I

Make sure you have the latest bios for your mainboard.  That may solve your problem. I have a B450 mainboard and needed to update the Bios a few times since I got it. Whenever there was a problem that was un unexplainable I would look for a bios update and that would fix it.

0 Likes
BlkDrgn28
Adept I

Yes it could still  be the Power supply, what is the make and model of it? May not be supplying clean enough power for the card to run properly.. there is more to power then just straight wattage, if  either of the 12v  or 3.3volt supplies aren't good enough it could still cause issues.. 

0 Likes
eyalch
Adept I

0 Likes
rafaelmuka
Journeyman III

This is not a PSU problem, you can be sure. I've been trying to solve a constant crash problem on my RX 5700 XT for months.

Playing games I have no problem, however, on windows I have constant crashes. My mouse cursor changes format and that is a sign that in a second or two my PC will lose the image and will only come back after restarting.

0 Likes