cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

doanhanam
Adept II

R9 x380 heat center question

Any expert can help me find out the exact heat place of the vga r9 x380 . I do not have the heat scanning device  .  The gpu is very clear certainly and the place marked easily seen from design of the vga . But when use HDMI , the heat is a lot even hotter than the gpu at the pcb zone next to the hdmi place . Any expert can mention exactly what electrical particle causes this heat ? . Thank a lot and i post the vga board for more ease . Nice day everyone ! .

0 Likes
14 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

That will be very simple... Of course the GPU... The paste used is white color and pastes with this color generally have low thermal conductivity. Install the cooler with a high thermal conductivity thermal paste.

0 Likes

The white color at the gpu is coolmaster glue for the cpu . Certainly i know that is one heat center . Another heat center is the alluminium . That place is clearly identified . But there is one unclear zone near the hdmi and displace port and dvi port . That zone is even hotter than the gpu when i render image !! . But i do not know exactly what electrical particle creates this heat ! . So i post in order to know exactly to use cooler for it . 

0 Likes

The center where the passive cooler is located usually goes up to 100 degrees on AMD graphics cards. This center of the GPU is resistant to high temperatures. For this reason, GPU coolers are designed with a plastic insulator so that the GPU is not affected by this VRM temperature. Or with the passive cooler like this GPU.

0 Likes

I find out three heat zone in the board . They are gpu , the vrm place with

10 small particles under the illumium plate and one place near hdmi port .

The problem with the last one . I do not know exactly what electrical

particle causes this so heat temperature . That is the point

0 Likes

The place with cross mark . I find out that place is very hot can the pc turns off because this heat in that place . I do not know which electrical particle can create such so hot temperature ! . R9 380x has 3 sensors . And i find out that the sensor mainly in the cross zone which i still do not know exactly its place ! . I have use cooler for two circle zones and they are cool . Thank ahead everybody .

0 Likes

I already mentioned where you marked it with the picture. That area is called VRM. The temperature may be up to 100 degrees. This temperature is normal for VRM. So passive cooler is enough for VRM, but GPU temperature should not be affected by VRM. This way should be done....

0 Likes

Yes , now i know that it is the vrm with circle capacitors and square particles .  I will try to use the cooler for it . This makes me problem when i render or even when i turn on pc for long about hour . Temperature at the metal plate backside is over 35 degrees and the vga shuts down the computer ! . So that zone i mark with cross is correct ? . right ? . Thank you mstfbsm980 . I will make it cool .

0 Likes

Excuse me. I did not pay attention. The marked area on the right is (also) VRM. However, the manufacturer did not use cooler.

Annotation 2020-02-27 110644.jpg

doanhanam
Adept II

So that are more 2 zones of the heat ? . When i use as normal , no thing happens . But when i render the image with blender , the vga is hot even hotter than the gpu ! . And vga shutdowns the computer ! . So in total there are 4 zones : a big  vrm crowd and the gpu and two small vrm crowds smaller but hotter than the gpu ! . Thank you very much , now i know where to make it cool . I do not have thermal camera yet . So only you can help me exactly what causes the heat ! . Thank again and have nice day ! . 

0 Likes

VRMs generally do not need high cooling. Because mosfets are produced resistant to very high temperatures. However, the graphics card must be isolated from areas that reach this high temperature. If high power applications cause crashes, an insufficient PSU may cause this type of problem. In order to solve such problems, it may be right to go to WattMan and lower the GPU power limit.

0 Likes
doanhanam
Adept II

I use coolmaster PSU 1000 W for it . So i am sure that the PSU is sufficient for this vga even when i oc this vga . AMD is very good in quality of gpu . But the heat is main problem . Any way , I use cooler for this vga and hope everything is solved . There is three sensors of this vga . One is always at 127 degree , one is -2 always ! . The rest sensor changes . I try the best to use old vga card . If we understand , we can use amd vga card better than other branches . I like amd vga very much for such this thing ! . Must have little knowledge to use amd ! . The result gotten fulfills the efforts ! . Thank for your help . I am not electrician .

0 Likes

You should try to lower this temperature (127) to around 100 degrees. Good luck...

0 Likes

This means that the sensors works incorrectly or do not function ! . The temperature is not so high !! . It means only one sensors works mstfbsrn980 ! . Thank you and good day ! . Thank for your reply  . I guess you are expert of amd right ? . Thanks for your support .

0 Likes

Actually... I am not an expert but I have used AMD for years and which GPU should not be purchased with looking at a VRM structure, I think I can make the correct choice about it. The original coolers of the graphics cards are produced in accordance with the VRM structure, and removing this cooler and trying a different one may give bad results. For this reason, adhesive passive VRM + VRAM coolers are sold by markets. With this type of coolers, both GPU and VRM and VRAM temperatures are affected as little as possible. Also, I don't think there will be sensor defect. It may be more useful to try a different driver or a different statistical program.

0 Likes