cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

chris_lix_
Journeyman III

Re: R9 380X black screen

So what is our solution now ? A class action? or crying until we gave up and buy a new graphic card?

This is disapointing honnestly. I hope XFX / AMD will arrive to a solution very soon!

0 Kudos

Well because the 1060 seems appetizing anyway, I'll prolly end up buying that not just because this card is causing issues but just because I would of end up going for that anyway.  I like to switch back and forth between the two companies.  My last build had an AMD Phenom II 1065t x6 with a NVidia GTX 550ti.  This build has an i5-4690k with the R9 285.  My other 285 had some coil whining so at least this one doesn't.  I'll prolly end up selling this 285 to someone who trusts me when I talk to them about electronics.  (Send them with the 15.11.1 drivers).  It's a nice card for it's time, I'm just upset that the drivers are causing so much issues.  If they do arrive with a solution, I may keep the card as a spare, for testing, or to build another machine and sell it to someone for an extra buck.

If XFX is out of your card Chris, they'll replace it with a card of a sim performance.  They don't look into cards with sim features just performance so there's a chance you'll end up with an NVidia card (I doubt they're out of stock for these cards though.)  That's what it said in the agreement document the tech support send you.

0 Kudos
chris_lix_
Journeyman III

Alright, finally found the problem. It was really related to the temperature and the fans are programmed to turn enough fast when the card reach critical/unstables temp.

As soon as I opened my case, no more crash, even with the latest drivers version.

So I ordered 3 news fans to add in my Fractal R4 case and for now I programmed manually the speed of the fan with MSI Afterburner, in order to keep RAM temperature UNDER 80 degrees (cause at 83 and more it starts to crash!).

For people who still have the problem, I used GPU-Z + Heaven Benchmark + MSI Afterburner. With those 3 softwares you should be good to make your card stable.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos

I've already tried that actually and it didn't work.  My GPU hasn't gone past 70c and usual sticks to the lower 60s under load and that's not a bad temps for a GPU.I have 4 fans and a h100i in my case.

0 Kudos
kidalex91
Adept I

So it's been a while. Anyone try 16.8.2? 16.7.3 has been to damn stable for me to be playing with other drivers right now.

0 Kudos
ggg
Elite

16.7.2 works fine for me (except OpenGL mode in some apps, like factorio or ppsspp)

But all versions from 16.7.3 to 16.8.2 hotfix adding one more issue - old game Charm Solitaire wont work, also i found today that livestreamer+vlc player also works together only on 16.7.2, this apps just closing immediatly or dont even launch. (Just for info, livestreamer+vlc used for watching twitch.tv, when twitch player has buffering lags)

All this fixes... looks like its fixing some application separatly, but not trouble in general

0 Kudos
ggg
Elite

don't mind about link, english is not my native language 

0 Kudos
shakyor_
Adept II

Someone try the Bf1 Beta?

0 Kudos
kidalex91