cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nezk0
Journeyman III

Problems with hybrid graphic

Hello. I have an HP probook 470 G2 laptop with two video cards: Intel and AMD. The problem is that the laptop does not switch hybrid graphics. The performance is at the "maximum", both in the power settings and in the graphics card settings. But all games are run on the Intel graphics card.

Help, what could be the problem? Operating system Windows 7, the characteristics of the laptop and video card in the screenshots

WA8TjhQ.jpg

bxHG4tf.jpg

lu0EmCw.jpg

vO1MWLI.jpg

0 Likes
6 Replies
nezk0
Journeyman III

Guys, can anyone help?

0 Likes

From AMD Support about How to configure Switchable Graphics in a laptop: Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System​ and this : Laptop graphics update...How to​.

Is your Windows 7 x32 or x64? At HP Support I am unable to to bring up drivers for Windows 7 x64 only for x32. Anyways found a very new BIOS update for your Laptop at HP Support here: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support . Most of the time it is recommended to update the BIOS to the latest so that the laptop will be more compatible with the latest drivers.

BIOS - 1.47 Rev A - 01/27/2018

Chipset - Intel Video Driver & Control Panel - 02/07/2018 (Not sure if this one is applicable to your Laptop)

Chipset - AMD Hybrid Graphics Video Driver & Control Panel - 12/19/2014

Also need to know what AMD dGPU you have installed on your Laptop ?

0 Likes

I have Windows 7 x64. dGPU is AMD Radeon R5 M255, and iGPU is Intel HD Graphics 4400. I tried installing the latest drivers for video cards, including the guides you suggested. Now I'll try to update the BIOS and install the drivers you proposed. If required, I can provide a more detailed configuration of my laptop.

0 Likes

Found the specs for your HP Laptop. This is a note from the specs concerning switchable Graphics mode: HP ProBook 470 G2 Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

NOTE:

* HP ProBook 440 G2 and 450 G2 only. HP ProBook 470 G2 supports switchable discrete graphics only.

** HD content required to view HD images.

*** AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics technology requires either an AMD "A" series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics configuration and is not available on FreeDOS OS. With AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g. OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be).

Just for information only, how much RAM memory does your laptop have installed?

0 Likes

8GB

0 Likes

That is, the problem of switching graphics can be in the OS?

0 Likes