cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

calnorso
Journeyman III

Problems with Da Vinci Resolve 16

Hey everyone, so first and foremost I'm new to PC gaming and this kinda stuff in general so excuse if what I'm asking may be pedestrian. But I recently just bought a computer to do some PC gaming and video editing. I ended up downloading Da Vinci Resolve 16, when I first tried importing some images into the program the pictures came distorted, my computer came with a AMD Radeon RX 580 (4gb). I did an update and now Da Vinci won't launch at all which leads me to believe it's something to do with my graphics card. But I being a total novice at this stuff I am lost on what to do next. Does anyone have any help or guidance that can me with my problem? Any help would be appreciated, thanks  

0 Likes
5 Replies
hyyz17200
Adept I

Same here. Your post is the only I found in the web. I can only stay in Resolve 15.3.1 now, no any problem.

0 Likes
hyyz17200
Adept I

Still cannot solve this, cannot update to Resolve16. Do you use Ryzen processor too? Mine is 1950x. GPU is RX580 with newest driver.

0 Likes
hyyz17200
Adept I

I have solved it yesterday. I am not sure if it works for everybody.

1.DDU to uninstall gpu driver and turn on Windows driver pushing in DDU
2.Reboot and wait for Windows pushing driver, can also manually check update in Device Manager if no automatic pushing
3.Reboot and DR16 should be fine, run it to check
4.Download driver from AMD and install it directly, DR16 can work with new driver. (Mine is newest recommend version 19.5.2)

So my finding is install older version (should better with windows pushing version) and update without uninstall older version should be fine.

I tried DDU and install new 19.x.x driver, none of them can works. (including 19.7.5 / 19.5.2 / 19.4.x / 19.1.1 / 18.10.1)

I have tested DR16 for editing and grading with reboots many times, very stable without any crash or black thumbnail. I think it is done.

I hope this can help. Anyone who overcome it can leave comments.

Some same issue posts from Blackmagic forum:

Blackmagic Forum • View topic - Video black - Thumnails only with strange color nois 

Blackmagic Forum • View topic - Footage's thumbnail is broken and black for editing 

Blackmagic Forum • View topic - Radeon RX 5700 XT H264 Thumbnail Rendering Bug 

Blackmagic Forum • View topic - Video imports but is black with broken thumbnails and audio 

0 Likes

What is this magic driver? Can you provide more details?

I've literally tried every single driver that supports my RX590 and none of them work.

If you can tell me the version of the driver that worked for you, I could maybe edit the inf and force it to work on the 590 just to see if it makes any difference.

Unfortunately for the 590, windows update doesn't push any drivers as of yet.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I updated my GPU to 5700XT just few days before. And I cannot figure out what version it was. It seems to be 17.xx Crismon version.

And 5700XT with newest amd beta driver 19.8.1 is working great. I do not know if it fits RX5xx though...

0 Likes