cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vahidmon
Journeyman III

Problem with graphic driver update

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio Laptop (model: VPCEA4BGX) with windows 7 and ATI 5470 graphic model. Now, I installed windows 10 with last graphic driver on it, but I have problem with playing video files. The video files played with black screen and I try with different players and uninstall/reinstall the graphic driver, but every time, I have the same problem!

Can anyone guide me about this?

Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Looking up your Sony VIAO Model it seems to have an Intel APU Processor and not a AMD APU Processor. So all you need to do is download the Discrete GPU driver HD 5470.

First make sure all of your Intel Drivers are the latest especially your Intel Graphics and Chip set drivers. Also update your laptop BIOS if it isn't the latest version.

Your GPU is not supported with AMD driver updates any more since 2016 so you only have 2 drivers to choose from: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5000-series/ati-mobilit...

1- WHQL 2015

2-BETA 2016

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting C:|AMD Driver Installation folder.