cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

phsousa123
Journeyman III

Pc froze while gaming

I was playing BF 2042 and suddenly my pc froze and a sound started playing looping, like when your pc freezes. It wasn't responding to any command, so I used the reset button from the case (i think that's the english word for it), but then the pc stopped working. It was running fans from cpu, normal fans, pcu fan, gpu fan, but there was no video appearing on screen, nor the lights of my keyboard (numlock) and mouse were turning on. Could this be a problem of my new gpu (RX 6600), bought like 20 days ago? Or would it be another problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
amdman
Challenger

Try PC troubleshooting won't boot videos on youtube. You can try unplugging the PC for a few hours then turn it back on, if you are competent in PC hardware, remove the card and try to boot from integrated video or another video card. Reset the BIOS if you have it written down or know all the settings, I personally always write that stuff down just in cases like you describe, in case I have to reset it all up. If you recently opened the PC to upgrade, make sure everything is plugged in as a moved usb, sata, or other cable or fan cable even can make weird things happen sometimes. Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
amdman
Challenger

Try PC troubleshooting won't boot videos on youtube. You can try unplugging the PC for a few hours then turn it back on, if you are competent in PC hardware, remove the card and try to boot from integrated video or another video card. Reset the BIOS if you have it written down or know all the settings, I personally always write that stuff down just in cases like you describe, in case I have to reset it all up. If you recently opened the PC to upgrade, make sure everything is plugged in as a moved usb, sata, or other cable or fan cable even can make weird things happen sometimes. Good luck!

0 Likes

The (so called) game is just garbage in its current state, park it and wait 3-6 months for the game devs to maybe fix it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
arrowsmind
Adept I

what kind og PSU do you have it could be due to the fact that the game cracks up the gpu hes speed and makes it draw more power you can try to undervolt the gpu if your psu isnt a high rated one. i would suggesting an undervolt witha small underclock if your psu is about 550-650watt cause a 6600xt can draw quite a lot of power at stock, i currently don't have one of the latest amd cards but i have had simulair issues with a vega 56 in the past. Even though i love AMD i am still waiting till i can get my hands on a 6900xt or 6800xt 

0 Likes

Not psu, I've played BF dozens of times with no problem, and I play other heavy games like Valhalla and Warzone as well.

0 Likes

you can always try to underclock it slightly and if that doesnt work the game is proabply hacing early development issues. 

0 Likes