cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MarcyB
Journeyman III

Integrated GPU seems to be causing gray screen on computer startup

I have an HP computer with 12 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, Windows 11 Home Version 22H2, and an integrated AMD Ryzen 5 4600G with Radeon Graphics 3.70 GHz processor. It was purchased in November 2021, so the warranty has expired already.

At the end of December, it started displaying a gray screen on startup and took a really long time to finally boot. After that, it was fine as long as it was not rebooted. This is just a basic computer - no gaming, no rendering, just basically Word and Internet.

Looking at the Display Adaptor in the Decvice Manager, I found this message: Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1636&SUBSYS_87D6103C&REV_C9\4&2feae042&0&0041 requires further installation. It also says Device not started (amdwddmg) and says it is an Event 411.

This message was dated 9/20/2022 and 10/19/2022. There were no messages after that, and the October date is about 2 months before we started actually seeing an issue. Before the end of December, there was no delay in booting up that was noticeable.

I've done a little digging and there are some answers that involve doing things to the BIOS, the mother board, and the graphics card. Please keep in mind I can't do any of those things, and this is not a dedicated graphics card.

So, my question is what can be done about this? Is there anything I can do? I'd hate to think that a 1-year-old computer is already failing.

i hope I've given enough information. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

0 Likes
0 Replies