cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

popcopone
Adept I

input lag in cs go/valorant when on 60 hz. on 144/240 no input lag really but game feels off

new pc. here it is:  

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

Noctua NH-D15

ASRock X670E Steel Legend

Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory

Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB M.2-2280

PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Fighter 8GB GDDR6

Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 850W

i feel like the game feels diferent when on comunity, different when on faceit. different when i start to record or streaming while playing. different when i play community servers with the faceit AC on and different without it. on faceit what i feel like it feels worst at the very least when on 60hz.

i have drivers up to date. uninstalled with DDU and put even old drivers not just new/recommended. reinstalled windows/ even changed to windows 10 from 11 i was on. disabled mouse acceleration. played with adrenaline app settings(all of em). disabled igpu. updated the motherboard with latest drivers... and then tried without the drivers and took mother board battery out with psu turn off for 8 mins.

HEAVY INPUT LAG while on 60 hz. 

is it common for a bit of stutter/moving in pictures to appear mainly in a faulty gpu while moving your mouse on a social media player (smth i ve noticed)? the sttuter is very inconsistent with the players kinda (the media players from twitter/ reddit - happens in both but inconsistent in also both). sometime happens sometime not, it s like the screen becomes only 30hz and not the 60hz that it is for short period of time and only when hovering over the player ---- update: yes it s the gpu. took the gpu out and let only the igpu from the cpu, it doesn t happen anymore, the little bugs are gone now.

i can feel a bit of input lag when only on windows too. moving my mouse about, while i brows the internet ...i can feel it. it is kinda berly noticeble. it s when you switch to the laptop i already have that it just: omg it s just more easy to point my mouse where ever i want, it more smooth, responsive. ---- update. ok so with the gpu out and only on the igpu. it feels exactly as on the laptop aka easy to point my mouse where ever i want, it s more smooth

i manged only oance without input lag with full 100% responsivness snappyness, but it was only oance after fresh reinstal of windows and fresh reinstal of gpu drivers (this time i choose to install only the drivers + factory reset without the adrenaline app)

this one time i played only a match and went to sleep, the next day the inpu lag was back. noticed that this one time when cs go worked when i shifted tabbed (enter steam overlay) input would kinda come back but then if i unplugged plugged the mouse it would run nice again. (??)

i tested the ram i have with memtest86 and no errors (took 4 or 5 hours to test) all good there.

i heard with input lag in games it eighter the ram, gpu or cpu. i don t know which one is it in my case if any (tho they are both from amd, the cpu gpu). guys pls if you know anything... i don t have money anymore i spend it all on this.. and for it to not work my game properly (was playing on a office laptop for a long time really was looking for this pc) **all around sad/ frustrating **

there is so much inconsistency with it all. 

i m dead serios i right now feel the game better on the old barely running laptop then on this high end pc. when on 144 hz or 240 hz it feel so much so not organic, it doesn t feel natural, the game, it feels so synthetic. when on 60 hz it s so much input lag it s quite unplayable.

when in motherboard bios and with my mouse. the pointer moves with input lag and in 30 hz, or 30fps.

another thing i noticed. when on 60hz when i start playing, the first seconds the game runs better and with time get sluggish and more sluggish. i d say that in a minut time the sluggishnes/input lag progresivnes stops and remains there, it s noticeble. you press windows key (so exit game/put it on bar) and then enter again, you reset, from that moment it s runs the game again first seconds and in a minut time the sluggishnes sets. if you put the game in bar you reset somehow the inputlag what i m saying like the first time you start playing. noticed now the exact same happens when on 144 or 240 hz. + also even when playing with only the igpu and the gpu out, the exact same happens.

i am and always will be a 60hz/ small display (15.6 inch) player. that s just me. mouse logitech x superlight. monitor benq xl2546. cheapest keyboard.

noticed the input lag in apex lagend, valorant also

i play in cs 1280x720 and put settings in adrenalin app so the the screen gets small or doesn t scale to the whole screen (about 15.6") and in the center of the screen.

playing only on igpu, with the gpu out. in comunity DM about 150 to 200 fps maybe 250. while in combat (shoting, getting shot at) mostly 150 fps. it crazy to me how the game changes (input lag or idk) with only doing small things. on igpu too the game gets bit by bit more sluggish. you put game in bar and eneter it again you reset the input lag. for some reason if you shift tab (enter steam overlay) now the game feels a tiny bit more heavy, sluggish (amd then you put the game in bar and enter again somehow it makes it a litle bit better.

while also on igpu in cs go. playing in community. i shift tab, enter steam overlay, enter yotube within it, close it after and close steam overlay the games moves with extreme input lag/ delay. then if you unplug some usb device and plug it back it comes back to as it was before, running ok

new problem out of nowhere. warning appears saying "the version of amd radeon software you have launched is not comaptible with your currently installed graphics driver. please check your system for other versions of radeon software........" when i want to open the adrenaline app. i 100% put the right drivers, recommeded ones. this is not the first time this is error is happening. got this error before and i had to download the drivers again. this time it came with a bug - recording here: https://imgur.com/a/hwTbcAp - the bug first appeared when i entered cs go and it didn t disappear even after i closed cs go, tho if you alt+delete while in that menu that appears where you can choose from those few option there, the pc worked normaly and not in 1 fps but when exiting that menu it will be back to working in one fps no matter what i d do. i restart the pc, adrenaline app still not wroking giving the error if i want to enter it, now when i entered cs go it didn t happen anymore but if i open obs (not start recording with it or smth) the problem starts again, the screen starts moving in 1 fps. if i close obs it returns to normal and pc runs ok. i instaled my drivers last time from a few day ago to a week, played games in the time and stuff. + now after restart when i open chrome the first second it goes in one fps mode and then just periodicaly for short/ medium periods, very frequently , basically kinda unusable. i just unistal the drivers with ddu and used the app that automatically installs the drivers, all good now. ofc the input lag, the periodically media player bug are still present (talked of before this in the post.)

noticed that based on which periferic usb devices i have plugged in, cs go feels tiny bit different with every single usb device combination. not a lot but enough to be noticeable. the best cs go feels when i have only the head set and the mouse plugged in (wireless mouse) but not when i have the receiver of the mouse in the tongle (or idk how it s called this(it was link atached t this, doesn t allow here i deleted) i mean - so not when like this) but directly into the motherboard (the small receiver in the motherboard that s it). all the other combinations feel different but about the same. i d say maybe the worse when i have the keyboard connected also with the mouse reciver in the dongle + head set

edit: honestly i don t know if i can notice anymore if it s better with the receiver
of the mouse in the dongle or not. actually i feel like the opposite a bit? ..when in dongle better

update: psides what i m about to say there also this thing that happend a week or 2 ago, feel like i need to say this also. 1/ 2 weeks ago i got the blue screen of dead when opening the pc. it auto restart and all good. what i was going to say: today opened the pc (on the gpu not the igpu - same as when i got the blue screen 2 weeks ago) opened chrome + some tabs and it freezed, could not move mouse or do anything for few seconds before the pc auto restarted, and all good and back to normal after.

0 Likes
0 Replies