cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

WidjacK
Journeyman III

Help! New RX 6600 XT not working (PC freezing before bios)

Hi,

I just got this brand new GPU and when i plug it in my motherboard, plug a monitor in and start my PC, the monitor shows the ASUS screen, with the "press F2 or Delete to enter bios" message. But the screen stays there, frozen. There is no way to enter the bios, nothing is happening at all. The fans on the GPU seem to run just fine.

GPU : XFX Speedster SWFT210 Radeon RX 6600 XT

When i unplug the new AMD GPU and use my old GTX-970 (or none at all and just use the integrated graphics of my motherboard), everything runs fine. The ASUS screen goes away very fast and there is actually a second, different screen with a different prompt (F1) to enter the bios and this one works just fine.

I tried uninstalling all graphics drivers prior to plugging the new card in, i tried the second PCIE slot of my motherboard, i tried with both GPU plugged in at the same time, but i get the same problem every time. My PSU is 750W and the card require 500W.

- Do you guys think i just got unlucky and got a defect GPU ?
- Is there something else i could try before asking for a replacement ?
- Should i try updating my BIOS / UEFI... Is it relevant ? I didn't do it because i'm no expert and I was not 100% confident I wouldn't break something

- Is the card not compatible with my rig at all ??

Motherboard : Asus Prime Z370-P
PSU : Corsair CS Series 750W Modular Power Supply

Thank you very much to anyone who could provide help / advice !

0 Likes
1 Solution
WidjacK
Journeyman III

Update :

A gentleman on another forum told me to reset the CMOS on the motherboard and it worked ! Everything is fine now.

Just wanted to post it here in case someone else has a similar problem one day

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
WidjacK
Journeyman III

Update :

A gentleman on another forum told me to reset the CMOS on the motherboard and it worked ! Everything is fine now.

Just wanted to post it here in case someone else has a similar problem one day

Thanks

0 Likes