cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

colesdav
MVP

Re: Have you been a victim of a Gigabyte RX 590 "" Bait and Switch Purchase online? If so what action did you take? Thanks.

Gigabyte RX 590 REV 2.0.

GigRev 1.0.jpg

As you can see - no backplate. 3 screws missing for the LED Gigabyte Logo and Fan Stop.
There are two sets of 4 solder bumps for the removed LED header connectors.
DVI-D  output is also missing, not shown.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: Have you been a victim of a Gigabyte RX 590 "" Bait and Switch Purchase online? If so what action did you take? Thanks.

I have just compared the Performance of the Gigabyte RX590 REV 1.0 to REV 2.0 in 3D Mark benchmarks.

The cards show identical performance, within a very tight margin of error.

One interesting result though.

RX 590 performance shows a significant drop in performance moving from Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 to Adrenalin 20.4.2 driver.
I will post details later.

It might  just be an unfortunate side effect of performance optimisations done to improve the RX5000 series cards.

It you have a Polaris GPU you might want to compare Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 performance to the performance with the latest Adrenalin 2020 drivers.

Thanks.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

3DMark Firestrike score is about 12% higher score on the Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 drivers in FireStrike.

Adrenalin :                                                    2019.12.1                 20.20.4.2                    Gigabyte RX590 REV 1.0.          

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I am double checking the above result - treat it as an anomaly for now please.
Thanks.

0 Likes
geniushsly
Journeyman III

Re: Have you been a victim of a Gigabyte RX 590 "" Bait and Switch Purchase online? If so

Hi Coles

Yes , I live in Norway and I had experienced the same thing.. EXACT same thing !!

Luke

geniushsly
Journeyman III

Re: Have you been a victim of a Gigabyte RX 590 "" Bait and Switch Purchase online? If so

Colesday.. I could send you a picture if you want.. I experienced this bait and switch thing and fought with the seller because I was expecting a gpu with rgb and back plate.. And they sent me this Rev.2 version which was completely naked and no rgb. charged me the same price!! I fought with customer service and all they gave me was a refund on shipping. Now I really regretted this buy early 2020 because it was a pretty hot card and always on loud fans when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance.. It sucks. I really want to take it back but since the gpu crisis is bonkers now I am stuck with the GPU.. Can you do something about this Coles ? please help.. We need to get to manufacturer about this

colesdav
MVP

Thank you for letting me know.

The only solution is do not trust purchasing Gigabyte products ever again.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

This is worth watching regarding Gigabyte Customer Support:

Why Gigabyte Can No Longer Be Trusted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89q0KWH59mU

0 Likes