cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Zakzag
Journeyman III

FPS very low on SOME Games

I've found many topics about slow video card, but none of them solved my problem

I have a
Radeon RX 5700,
Asus PRime  X570-P Motherboard
AMD AM4 Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series 16GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL17

I have all the games worked propery until ... I don't know. But after a while some of the games started to be very slow. While GPU usage is around 4-5%, FPS dropped to 3-8. 
This happened to Kingdom Come - Delivarance, Elite Dangerous, A Plague Tale Innocence but other games are working perfectly, and produces proper FPS like 40-60: RDR2
I just tested 3d Mark: 7785 points, but other similar setup has ~20.000

Any Idea why this is happening?

3 Replies

Your drivers might have gone corrupted, similar happened to my RX 580, the card performed fine in some games and some had terable utilisation (GTA V for example had 10 to 20 percent)

Delete all video card drivers from your system and then install the lastest amd software from the site: https://www.amd.com/en/support

The best way of uninstalling all drivers is using DDU, see one of youtube totorials how to do it.

0 Likes

I downloaded the Device Driver Uninstaller, removed the driver, downloaded webinstaller, reinstalled with factory reset and nothing happened. The same games do the same effect, 7-8% GPU usage, 2-7FPS. I am sad.

0 Likes

I would check your temps at this point. When you start seeing the frames drop, have a program like HWinfo open so you can see if it is an overheating issue.

0 Likes