cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sportpilot67
Adept I

DXGI ERROR DEVICE RESET 6800XT

Installed the 6800XT after running DDU as I previously had GTX1080.

After one hour of flying on P3DV5.1 I get the error and it closes my flight simulator. Nothing goes into Event Viewer. 

I am looking for suggestions. I tried submitting a bug report and cannot as I get an error saying my internet is not connected but it is. 

I am running an I7-9700K not overclocked, 64GB of ram PC4-25600, Corsair 360mm radiator and an EVGA 750 watt power supply. This error has occurred on original driver and the latest release.

Thanks in advance for responses and have a great day.

Ray

0 Likes
13 Replies
VirtualPilotAU
Journeyman III

Hey mate,

I have tried every fix known and get device hung.

I went from a 1080ti to 6800XT. Except I’m on a Ryzen 5900X.

Only thing that gets me going for about 5 hrs is not having EA enabled in P3Dv5 HF.

Would be great to have some sort of a solution. 

0 Likes

You may fix DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG errors by lowering the GPU's speed. Go to WattMan and reset it and then lower the speed of the GPU by 100Mhz. This way you may fix the problem. 

0 Likes

The default max frequency was 2429mhz. I changed it to 2329mhz and received the same error. I could not find the edit button for my original post but I am running an 850 watt power supply. RAM has passed 4 passes of all tests in memtest86 and power is set to high performance. Should I just keep lowering the max frequency?

0 Likes

Would you try to reduce the speed by 200Mhz? If this does not fix the error, it may be a driver problem, so use it with factory settings.

0 Likes

200mhz from the original setting or 300mhz from the original setting?

0 Likes

Even 200Mhz underclock is too high in my opinion.

0 Likes

I will try again when time allows and report results. I have sent a report to AMD but have not heard from them on this issue. I can reinstall my GTX1080 and complete the same flight without issue. My issue appeared on the first flight following the new install of 6800XT.

I cannot even fly for 90 minutes

0 Likes

Is it getting too hot?

0 Likes

I am using the factory settings, what is an acceptable heat range for the 6800XT I have no idea.

0 Likes

GPU temp was 55c in-game. I made it farther than previously but end result was a device reset. This was from my test last night. 

This morning December 11, 2020, i installed the latest driver and backed off a total of 300mhz from stock on clock speed. End result was a device reset. P3D 5.1 with the latest hotfix.

0 Likes

Use your consumer rights about the GPU. If possible, return it to the store. If your PSU was faulty, the other GPU would not work properly. So the cause of this error is definitely the GPU. Goodluck...

EDIT: If you want, you can try the minimum frequency 1800 and the maximum frequency 2000-2100. Device hung errors are usually caused by core frequency.

oc-settings.png.jpg

If this change solves the problem, you can make tests by increasing the frequencies and try to find the right frequency.

0 Likes

I set up my card as shown in your pic and the end result was a DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_RESET and nothing reported in DXDIAG. Windows error reporting was clean.

0 Likes