cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

logino94
Journeyman III

DVI screen does not work with AMD driver on Windows 10

I have just bought a RX570 Graphic Card. I have two monitors: The first one has only HDMI port, instead the second one has only a DVI port. On windows 10 with AMD driver the DVI screen does not work!

Before you ask: cables works. I have a dual boot with Linux and both monitors works without any problems, also, Windows 10 with generic video driver is able to display on both monitors!

The problem is exclusively when windows 10 installs OFFICIAL drivers from AMD. Indeed, after installation the DVI monitor stop working.

There must be a issue with your drivers... I need a fast solution.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

lucki007‌ I get it working! The solution is in the cable. I was using an HDMI->DVI cable in order to connect the DVI monitor, but this for unknown reason is wrong. To get DVI working you have to buy a DVI->DVI cable (check different versions of DVI standards) and connect directly to DVI port on video card. In this way windows recognize simultaneously DVI, HDMI and all DP ports (not just windows but also macOS and Linux).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lucki007
Journeyman III

logino94 I have the exactly same problem. It worked for weeks and then I started my PC and the screen is working for the BIOS Screen and the Windows Logo but then it goes blank. NO SIGNAL. Only HDMI is working then but no DVI.

It is working when I uninstall the AMD Driver or when I boot into Safe Mode. Reinstalling the AMD Driver did not help. Resetting BIOS or Disabling the integrated Graphics also didn't help. 

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB GDDR5

Any Idea?

0 Likes

lucki007‌ I get it working! The solution is in the cable. I was using an HDMI->DVI cable in order to connect the DVI monitor, but this for unknown reason is wrong. To get DVI working you have to buy a DVI->DVI cable (check different versions of DVI standards) and connect directly to DVI port on video card. In this way windows recognize simultaneously DVI, HDMI and all DP ports (not just windows but also macOS and Linux).

0 Likes

I'm already using a DVI - DVI and HDMI - HDMI cable. I didn't change anything on my setup and it suddenly stopped working. Maybe it was a Windows or a AMD Driver update.

In my device Manager under Displays it only shows the HDMI Samsung Display. Even in Safe Mode, when the DVI Monitor is working, it only shows the HDMI Samsung Monitor.

Did you solve it by any change? Same problem here in 2024 ;-;

0 Likes