cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kayssen
Adept I

Driver Timeout AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT - founder edition

Hello i keep having driver timeouts were my whole pc freezes and i get a black screen while playing and forces me to restart it.
It happens almost everydays even multiple times a day.
I been reinstall windows 11, and i have set windows to Best Performance on the system but it change noting
This has been a recurring problem since I got this card.
Is my 750w PSU not enough ?

Microsoft Windows 11 Professional (x64)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
Graphics card AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT - founder edition
Memory RAM 32,0 Go - Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
Motherboard MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C56)
PSU Corsair TX 750M
NVMe WDS500G3X0C-00SJG020230116_154027.jpg20230116_161541.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

not sure about it but, are you using 1 psu cable only dividing into 2 plug to gpu ? should try with 2 cables

20230116_184859.jpgHi, yes it was only 1 psu cable dividing into 2 plug to gpu, i been to add a second cable as you said , lets wait and see, thank you.

Kayssen
Adept I

Updating my post , i am still having driver timeouts even with 2 cables , but a little less than before .

If someone have an idea , feel free to share it , thank you 

0 Likes

2 cable is the way it has to be connected,

ifi it only helped a bit maybe psu is weak even if i think it should be ok but maybe it's at limit or maybe you still have another problem elsewhere

now maybe try with a friend psu at least 850w to be sure to have some leeway ?

then , do you have any OC ? UV ? on cpu or gpu ? could you try with ram xmp disabled ?

0 Likes

BIOS20230120_134639.jpgHi xlox

Thank you for your message

i dont think to have any OC and UV on cpu and gpu and the ram xmp was disabled anyway 

i'm adding a BIOS picture .

I noticed that when i get those driver timeout , it's for example when i run a video game plus an heavy software like blender in background , to sum up its when i ask a lot of my graphics card

I am thinking about to buy a new PSU 1000W

0 Likes
Slixi
Journeyman III

Hey i have nearly the same setup as you. I have the same problem, that randomly the screen just goes black but the screen is still on. The sounds shorty disappears after a short while for a short while and then comes back.
No matter if i have games opened in the background or just small stuff, it happens a minimum of 1 time per day.
Tried reinstalling drivers (the optional complet reinstall causes my computer to not boot anymore at all) multiple times. Haven't found any solution yet. I have another problem, that in the game Guild wars 2 i'm getting memory leaks (virtual memory is getting full over time untill the game crashes) which happens faster, when i'm switching maps.

Hi Slixi, look like its a common problem with AMD graphics cards and it can be caused by a few different things , which make it hard to know what . 

I am still having the problem and i tried also to update all my drivers .

Yesterday i installed a software called Iobit driver booster pro , look like i was missing some drivers and its abit less crashing but still 

I removed my 750W Power supply and i installed my old one but its also a 750W, So it only tell me that my first power supply was not faultly

I am still planing to buy a new power supply 1000W but i have to wait a few days .

How many memory do you have on your PC Slixi ?

0 Likes
m3gatl20n
Journeyman III

What do you see in your event viewer for this?  I have almost same issue as well.  

My event viewer has The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

m3gatl20n_0-1682176298979.png

0 Likes