cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

jerrycamberry
Adept I

Can't Deactivate freesync (RX580 and AOC AG241QX)

Monitor will not get out of freesync mode, although I turn it off in AMD Radeon Settings. Only when I boot the pc in safe mode, or I uninstall the GPU drivers, the monitor turns the freesync off, but the problem remains, when I boot normally, or reinstall the drivers. I run windows 10.

26 Replies

Re: Can't Deactivate freesync (RX580 and AOC AG241QX)

So when you turn Freesync off in the monitor's OSD, it will switch itself back on?

0 Kudos
jerrycamberry
Adept I

This monitor does not have an option for freesync in the OSD. It just shows the state that it is in. 

AOC AG241QX Menu System (OSD) - YouTube

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

How do you know Freesync is not being disabled when you disable it from the Radeon Settings?

I was able to disable it by first disabling in Radeon Settings then reboot the PC. I did that as a workaround for the current bug with video playback and freesync when playing a video game that exceeds 60fps.

0 Kudos
jerrycamberry
Adept I

I know it because the monitor OSD shows it is in freesync. I of course have tried to disable it and then reboot the pc, but still the OSD shows that the monitor is in freesync mode. The only way i have managed to get it out of freesync mode, is when I uninstalled the gpu drivers (but when i reinstalled the problem was still there), or when i boot in safe mode.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

What is the reason for disabling freesync? If you really want to disable it, in the monitor osd change display port from 1.2 to 1.1

0 Kudos
jerrycamberry
Adept I

The reason for disabling freesync is for using the Low Input Lag mode which i need most. I set DP from 1.2 to 1.1 and the monitor OSD still shows that it is in freesync mode, and the Low Input Lag is still greyed out and I can’t turn it on.

0 Kudos
alhanalem
Journeyman III

Odd. My Samsung monitor has the low input lag feature and it is still available while Freesync is on.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

Did you ever figure this out?

0 Kudos
jerrycamberry
Adept I

Unfortunatelly not... I contacted AMD support and I followed their instructions (clean uninstalled drivers, reinstalled some older drivers, etc.)  but

no luck...

0 Kudos