cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

cup0ne
Journeyman III

Re: Can't Deactivate freesync (RX580 and AOC AG241QX)

Hello,

I have the same issue with AOC 31,5 AG322QCX monitor. Seems like it is common problem with AMD Cards linked with AOC Freesync monitors.

There is also common problem which causes brightness flickering when freesync is ON - it happens when the FPS goes below free sync range - I have not found solution for this one and only disabling free sync helps.

I found a solution/workaround to disable free sync and allow to turn on the Low Input Lag option in AOC monitor, which works for me - but it needs some patience

The first thing you need to do is to disable Free Sync in AMD Radeon Settings.

Then go into OSD settings of a monitor > Extra > Reset > Yes to restore the default settings.

Next step is going into AOC OSD > Extra > DDC/Ci > No

Restart the PC.

Then go into resolution / refresh rate settings in Windows and start changing them, lets say switch to 1920x1080 @ 60hz, then go back to 2560x1440 @ 100/120/144 hz.

While changing refresh rates keep checking the settings of AOC monitor - the free sync should be now off and the Low Input Lag should become active.

You can also check AMD drivers, if it will work Free sync should be visible as unsupported.

If it will not work for the first time, you have to keep changing the refresh rates between (144-60hz), until it works.

Hope this might help you

Piotr

0 Likes
p1nn3n
Journeyman III

Same problem RX580 to  AOC AG352QCX via DisplayPort.

Solution (kind of): switched to HDMI.

So, I figure something in the difference between DP and HDMI is causing this. Hope this can be fixed software-wise. I really like every port I paid for...

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

I have the same problem.

Moreover, I noticed that with high refresh rate enabled in windows desktop, the memory clock is always at max 1500MHz, instead of 150MHz. Is that normal?

And one more question, do we have to set the refresh rate in windows or setting it in game menu is enough?

I ask this because there is no need for many Hz for desktop applications (office, internet etc)

0 Likes
theacclaimed
Miniboss

Yes I have the same issue with the memory clock when running at 144hz refresh rate. This is bad because so many custom cooled cards run at 0 rpm fan mode when idling causing the idle temperature to rise to 50c or higher.

0 Likes
r3sponse
Journeyman III

Same monitor, same problem, either on DP or HDMI. DP 1.2 seems buggy, get glitches and driver restarts very often.

Problem of freesync re-enabling itself and unable to disable is solved by turning DDC/CI off on monitor and reboot.

I want to play with fixed frequency, instead of yet another stupid tech that doesnt work and gives stutters in game.

Thanks AOC for not providing disable freesync menu option.

My gpu is RX Vega 64 fyi

0 Likes
alhanalem
Journeyman III

Try enabling radeon anti-lag since that disables freesync.

0 Likes
jokbon
Adept III

AG251FZ RX560 cant disable freesync, thanks amd.

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

I still cannot rid of freesync info from monitor's menu. If I set refresh rate to 50Hz freesync seems disabled and I can change low input lag option, but by setting it to 59-240Hz option becames grey again. I have tried HDMI too, but no luck.

I do not know who's fault this is, AOC's or AMD's?

I made a ticket to AMD, after some basic response there where no further communication.

I made a ticket to AOC too, they send me a replacement monitor but I gave it back because the behavior was exactly the same, so I had no reason to keep it.

Probably AMD could release a freesync and a non-freecync driver, so to let us choose.

PC Specs

O/S: Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest build version with all updates)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
M/B: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II
RAM: G.Skill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX
PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS+ GOLD 1000W
Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7X LED+
HARD DRIVE: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
OPTICAL DRIVE: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
MONITOR: AOC AGON AG251FZ (1080p) DP Connection
CASE: Cooler Master N600
SOUND: Realtek High Definition Audio (ALC 1220)
SPEAKERS: Logitech 5.1
HEADSET: Creative Sound BlasterX H5 Special Edition
(Latest Drivers/BIOS/FIRMWARE for all devices)

jokbon
Adept III

Seriously. AMD are u serious about user isusues? The report was made so long ago. Please fix freesinch immediately.

0 Likes
jerrycamberry
Adept I

I don’t think it’s AMD’s fault. By googling you can easily see that the only ones complaining about this bug, are AOC monitor owners! 

0 Likes