Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jgould1124
Journeyman III

Can I run 3 monitors on my ati radeon hd 5770

I recently purchased a used MacPro 5,1 with the ATI  Radeon HD 5770

There are 2 MiniDisplay Ports and 1 DVI port. 

However, when I hooked up my 3 monitors, the signal was only transmitted out of the MiniDisplay

I am using standard 1080p resolution and connecting the monitors via HDMI.

Please let me know if this is possible or what, if any, is a workaround.

Thanks,

JIM

0 Likes
3 Replies

You need to be using a "Active" DVI>HDMI Adapter to make sure it is compatible with your HDMI Monitor.

Also you can always use a MST HUB to connect all three Monitors to the DP Port if it is version 1.2 and mentions that it is compatible with MST.

Need to post your computer's information including  Make & Model of GPU, CPU and Windows or MacOS version installed.

Once you post the Make & Model of your GPU card I can see if you can run 3 monitors on the GPU's 3 separate video outputs at the same time.

Best place to ask is at Apple Support since you are running it on a MacOS computer.  Also see if there are any APPLE AMD Drivers updates that you can update to. 

0 Likes

Good Morning, 

Thanks for the reply.
I have a MacPro 5,1 12 Core 3.33 Intel Xeon processor.
It has 48 GB of 1333MHz DDR3 Ram running High Sierra (10.13.6)
It was a Radeon HD5770 1024MB Graphics card.
I have seen mention of an “Active” DVI to HDMI Adapter, but I can’t find a link to any.
If I do in fact need one of those adapters, can you please provide me with a link.
Thanks,
JIM
0 Likes

Finally after about an hour found out why you don't have DVI Output on your HD 5770 GPU card. From Apple Support: Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Pro (Mid 2012): Issues with three displays and multipl... 

I suggest you open a Apple Support and see how you can work around this issue with your old Macpro 5.1

EDIT: Did find this YouTube video showing how to connect three DVI Monitors to a MacPro 5.1 PC: Three Monitors MacPro 2010 - YouTube 

0 Likes