Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

iksdev
Journeyman III

Black Screen when switching to 144hz after update to 21.11.2

Hey there,

after updating the adrenalin driver to 21.11.2 I have the problem, that I can't switch to 144hz anymore. When i select it, the monitor goes black until I switch back to 60hz. Before the update it wasn't a problem ... so I don't think it's a problem with the cable or sth.

Monitor: BenQ XL2411

GPU: ASUS ROG Radeon Vega 64

Driver: Adrenalin 21.11.2

I already made a clean install (used DDU to delete everything), but It didn't work out.

Anyone knows what I can do? I don't want to go back to an older driver version, cause I need the newest one to play Forza 5.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
PsykoticRat
Journeyman III

i have the same issue but i got 2 screens one 144htz and one 60htz  cant run 144htz as main screen goes black, both have to be 60htz for some reason,  and im still stuck on 21.5.2

relaxi
Journeyman III

I have the same problem! Stuck on 21.5.2 and all the newer drivers bring the problem.

I have the BenQ XL2411 and RX Vega 64 also.

I did a fresh install of Windows10,64bit and if I put 144hz I only have black screen with the monitor signal light "green" as if it was getting signal. I cannot use new drivers if I want to use more than 60hz. The connection is DVI-D. 

0 Likes

Ended up buying a new display (Lenovo G32QC-10) using DisplayPort and have no issues anymore. 

0 Likes