cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ashycee20
Journeyman III

are there alternative drivers for HP Pavilion dv7-4150si for windows 8.1

i updated my hp pavilion dv7 to windows 8.1 and it seems like there are no drivers for it,every time it tries to update from Microsoft basic display adapter i get a video tdr failure message and the worst part is there is no support for windows 7 anymore,please help 

0 Likes
8 Replies
warsun
Challenger

Try this.

Set your driver to default settings.

Uninstall your driver an install this one.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1

0 Likes

AMD stopped supporting Windows 8/8.1 a few years ago. You can still download drivers for your Windows 8/8.1 but it won't be the latest. Most likely from 2017 or earlier.

Users are saying you can use Windows 7 drivers which will work in Windows 8/8.1 .

That would be correct. If they changed the way the system works. But they didn't So you can pick from which version you wish to use. If its 64bit then you know it will work.

0 Likes

So do you reckon i reinstall windows 10 then install that display adapter?i am trying to find an operating system that will be best for my pc

0 Likes

Naw You wont need to do that. When installing this driver it wont copy over the latest version. You have to uninstall the 2020 4.1 an so on versions. An just install the old one. Once installed you go click on the Radeon Settings an look down. You will see Preferences. Click that an Then click Restore Factory Defaults an you are set. From there you can see if there are any problems left. They should all be gone.

0 Likes

Depends if your Laptop is compatible and will support Windows 10 and HP Support has drivers for Window 10 for your laptop.

This is the HP Support site I found for Drivers download for your D7 model. I imagine these drivers are the same or similar for all D7-4150si laptop models: HP Pavilion dv7-4150si Entertainment Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Suppor... 

If you noticed, HP has no Windows 8/8.1 nor Windows 10 drivers. Only Windows 7 drivers. This suggests that maybe your laptop may not be 100% compatible with Windows 8 and above Operating Systems.

You can try using HP AMD Windows 7 AMD graphic driver and see if it installs and works or not with Windows 8/8.1: Driver - HP Pavilion dv7-4150si Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support . Unfortunately it is a 10 year old driver from 2010.

Download a free program called GPU-Z or SPECCY. Run it and post an image of it.

It should tell what AMD GPU card you have installed. I found one specs for your laptop that mentioned it had a HD5650 Laptop GPU. But I don't know what exact D7 model you have with what GPU installed. GPU-Z or SPECCY will tell you that: Notebook HP Pavilion dv7 - dv7-4150si XE322EA, Silver - Laptop Hunter 

NOTE: THE DRIVER BELOW IS ONLY IF YOUR LAPTOP HAS AN INTEL PROCESSOR!

IF YOU LAPTOP DOES HAVE AMD MOBILITY RADEON HD5650 installed than you can download the last Windows 8/8.2 AMD Laptop driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5000-series/ati-mobilit... 

You can try using HP AMD Windows 7 AMD graphic driver and see if it installs and works or not with Windows 8/8.1: Driver - HP Pavilion dv7-4150si Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support . Unfortunately it is a 10 year old driver from 2010.

I would suggest you open a HP Support ticket and ask them if your laptop supports Windows 10 or Windows 8/8.1 before doing anything else.

Basically seems like your laptop is very old.

I think we should point out that the Driver comes with the OS an you should probably only install the one given to you buy the manufacture. Because it comes with the OS ( an about 4TB of Spyware) But still.

0 Likes
SuomyNonaPatri
Journeyman III

I made a windows to go drive. It works like it should but I can't get drivers. I can't find where to get them on the internet and windows 8 just says that the best driver is already installed or something like that when I go to the update drivers area on device manager. I know it doesn't have correct drivers because the trackpad doesn't work, The screen has tearing, And with games, they do not perform well.

0 Likes