cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bobalazs
Elite

Re: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, random no monitor signal

Idk then, your gpu can't handle stock voltage with stock clocks? Was it like that new?

How the hell did it get passed quality check then?

i5 8600K RX 480 32 GB
0 Likes
sonojo
Adept I

am still having black screen with Radeon 2020 drivers, when I go back to 19.2.1 everything works well but with 2020 drivers I can't even play back a movie that it gives me a black screen. I bought this card (RADEON VII) thinking that I was upgrading my setup to something much better and know I can't even install new drivers.

0 Likes
larabee
Journeyman III

Lol, my PSU can handle 1200W of 12v load easily. The load on the card is about 220w max.

Black screen also happens in my vega 56, 64, and VII. The chance that I get all defective cards from 3 different vendors at 3 different models is really low. I think the problem here relate to weird interaction between power limit and the power table from the driver. Set power limit to -20% will delay the black screen but it will come back after a while. On average, I get about 4 hours of solid gaming then it crashes. Before applying the undervolt and power limit, it will crash in about 20 mins. 
Enhanced sync and vsync is disabled as always and I also unplug my second monitor while gaming.
is there a way to completed disable nonsense feature such as recording and streaming?

i just try to add more data point to help AMD solve the issue. 

0 Likes
bobalazs
Elite

did you try to uninstall the driver and install it by pointing location in  device manager to the installer folder?

i5 8600K RX 480 32 GB
0 Likes
tarelow
Adept I

I want to install the drive, put the video card and play, who has to solve technical problems is AMD ...

indy650
Adept II

LMAO it passed the quality check because it's made my AMD. They apparently have no quality check! 

bobalazs
Elite

It's not made by AMD but other Co. Like MSI or gigabyte 

i5 8600K RX 480 32 GB
0 Likes
digitaleternal
Adept II

Same issue here, been waiting for a driver to fix this, don't understand why it's not a top priority. Driver notes seem to suggest they think it's linked to adaptive sync but the problem remains even with it's turned off.

0 Likes
dariobocc
Adept I

Similar problem here.
CPU:1800x
GPU:5700xt Sapphire Pulse
I have 2 Screens, a 2k with apple Dp->DL , and a 165Hz screen Dp
Sometimes the 165Hz became black, but it's odd.
I already had problems with 2 Rx580 (one with DL dead and the second turns off and doesn't wake up)
I hope to have a solution soon, I'm regretting have choose red team. 

0 Likes
indy650
Adept II

What are you talking about? I have an AMD blower style card not an aftermarket card. It's called a reference card you know the ones that the company itself makes before aftermarket companies make their copy of the card. It was months after the 5700 series was released that any aftermarket companies even made any.

0 Likes