cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

peetboss
Adept I

Amd Radeon HD 7700 no signal after restart + error 45

alright i need help this is the second time i have this issue not sure how i fixed it the first time but i did so i know the graphic card is working

no signal showed up so i then turned off the computer and pluged it in the onboard video so i could see something
after that i did a system restore to try to get a rollback on what happen during the restart
(note that once i did a system restart and it did fix this issue but i was lucky enough that when i restarted my computer i had pluged it back on the graphic card and it happened to see it)
this time i restored while pluged in to the onboard video after i opened device manager and found amd radeon 7700 had error 45
the system think its unplugged i then uninstalled the drivers for amd used DDU program to unsitall all amd drivers and tried reinstalling them manually but the system doesn't detect the card i even went in the bios to change the onboard video to the graphic's card but the bios doesn't see the card there's only the onboard showing up in boot section

last time this got fixed after by factory resting the pc and still it would not detect the card but 1 week after using the computer when i turned it on a system message told me that i was pluged in onboard and there was a graphic card pluged in the motherboard and not to have hdmi plugged onboard unless multiple screens is enabled even tho its always been disabled pluged the card back in a couple of times i did a sfc scan with windows defender corrupted files im sure the update did this.

this issue is really annoying i know the card is working its the same error over and over again how do i force my system to see the card so i can install the amd drivers for the card or maybe force the driver installation please help me fix this i tried almost everything

0 Likes
7 Replies

Try physically removing the GPU card and installing again. Now see if it is recognized again.

I would remove the GPU card and restart the PC and then shut it down and install the GPU Card again.  Make sure you have reset BIOS back to factory defaults again before installing the GPU card.

Sometimes this works but mostly not all the time.

No the computer still dosent see the card i turned it off took the card out turned it back on then reset bios put it back in no results no changes

Please post your Computer info including Make & Model of your motherboard, CPU, GPU and Windows and AMD driver version you currently have installed.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Graphic card amd radeon hd 7700

motherboard: dell-inc-0yjpt1

manufacturer:dell inc

Model: Dell xps 8500

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎12/‎23/‎2021
OS build 19044.1415
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Okay you didn't mention which type of Windows you have installed except that it is x64. That isn't much help at all.

I went to Dell and found the download page for your XPS 8500. But all the drivers are for Windows 8.1 or older: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/product-support/product/xps-8500/drivers

Screenshot 2021-12-30 211852.png

So I need to know the exact Windows version you have installed if it isn't Windows 8.1 or older. IF it is then download and use Dell's own AMD Graphic driver and see if it installs and runs correctly.

Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 sry for late reply 

0 Likes

Here is the last AMD driver for your HD7770 GPU card according to specs from Dell for your PC: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7770-g...

when you install the AMD Driver do this simple method to prevent any corruption or conflicts:

1- Download DDU and the last full package AMD driver.

2- Delete the AMD installation folder at C:\AMD

3-Run DDU with the Internet disconnected including WiFi. After DDU reboots back into Windows Desktop run the AMD full driver package

4-IF it installs successfully, delete the newly created AMD Installation folder again at C:\AMD.

5- IF you still are getting the Error Code 45 then I suggest you install the HD7770 GPU card in another PC and see if it is recognized and works normally. If it doesn't that probably means you have a defective GPU card. IF it is recognized and works than you have a problem with your computer, either the motherboard, BIOS, or Windows OS.

NOTE: Since Dell doesn't have any drivers for Windows  10 you will need to open a Dell Ticket or open a thread at Dell Forums to see if your PC is fully compatible with Windows 10 or not.

EDIT: According to Dell your XPS 8500 is not compatible with Windows 10: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-ca/000180684/dell-computers-tested-for-windows-10-october-2020...

Most likely because Dell doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers for your motherboard.