Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lCH3CKM4TEl
Journeyman III

AMD 6900 XT Black screen Flicker

Hello,

I experienced some black screen flicker on AMD 6900 XT. My cpu is 5900x all stock. No overclocks or anything like that. My only thing is I over clocked the ram to 3600 Mhz.

its been happening when I watch movies/streams. I have 3 monitors, 2 connected with HDMI and my main monitor connected with DP. Main monitor is 144 Hz 1440p panel.

I figured this was a software bug and updated my adrenaline from 5.1 to 8.1 (latest optional one) but its still happening

Is my graphics card going bad? how can i make sure.

I also added a tdr Delay of 20 seconds in my registry. Please help

0 Likes
3 Replies
J20Joe
Adept III

I've had plenty of issues with this card and so have many others,

Try looking into any settings on your monitor that's adding any image sharpening and turn it off,

Only use one monitor and see if that solves it 

Turn on / off free sync to see if that's affecting it,

Look at any settings in adrenaline that could be affecting it like sharpening etc

0 Likes
Justifier
Challenger

pretty sure this is some kind of software conflict between Adrenaline and Windows, as when I install drivers only instead of Adrenaline this issue goes away for me.

Could be something else and just be a placebo though

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I have an XFX Speedster MERC 319 RX 6900 XT Black and it also flickers the second periodically which is annoying.  This is most evident when I have a game on my primary monitor while paying content on my 2nd monitor.  Others with a 6900 card report the same issue irrespective of brand.  I find this quite annoying for a flagship card. 

For me 22.5.1 is the last functional adrenaline driver that works and everything afterwards has something broken in it especially when playing world of warships in any ship equipped with torpedoes.  I'm hoping that I"ll be able to move to an nvidia card in the near future.