cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alexcatalin
Journeyman III

6600 XT - Tessellation broken in some Unreal Engine 4 Games

As you can see in the image below, there are serious issues with tessellation in some UE4 games like Chernobylite, CyubeVR, State of Decay 2 or when running UE Elemental Demo (been testing and debugging all day trying to figure out an issue). I have ruled out a bad display adapter after running all the benchmarks I could find from furmark to 3dmark and EZBench. Turning tessellation off in Chernobylite fixes the issue but not all games have that option.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X
32GB RAM DDR4
Radeon RX 6600XT
Windows 11 (x64)
SSD Storage

cZTAYTr.jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies
sputnikvii
Adept II

Which ADRENALIN Version is installed? -> 23.2.1 is the newest.

GPU is running with standard settings or OC/UV?

0 Likes
alexcatalin
Journeyman III

Standard settings, newest version of adrenalin. Tried older versions including NimeZ, no luck. Only happens in some UE4 games

0 Likes
alexcatalin
Journeyman III

update: it seems it's not a UE4-only thing. Same issue with Witcher 3 Next Gen and a few other games such as Forza Horizon 4. Running Heaven benchmark with extreme settings (including maxing tessellation) yields positive results. TessMark however displays the same artifacts present in Witcher 3 Next Gen, Chernobylite, Forza etc. Other games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Jedi Fallen Order, Control, Metro Exodus etc run flawlessly at max settings.

I'm at a loss why it's happening. If it was faulty V-RAM (also tried undervolting and overclocking with no success), it would be a universal issue. Witcher 3 worked fine until probably a couple weeks ago so my best guess is it could be windows 11 related.

0 Likes
sputnikvii
Adept II

Please try again to delete old drivers (modded NimeZ and AMD Adrenalin) with newest DDU in Windows safe mode and uninstall other 3rd party OC/UV optimizations tools like MSi Afterburner etc. .

Then try again AMD Adrenalin 23.2.1 or older 22.5.1 with factory reset / standard settings.

If the errors still exist  ->in the Adrenalin in the global graphic settings you can choose the Tesselation settings. Try to overwrite the game settings.

sputnikvii_0-1676804411425.png

0 Likes
alexcatalin
Journeyman III

Have tried it already, but no success. Even more baffling is that Cyberpunk for example has no issues while Witcher 3 Next Gen is glitching like crazy.

0 Likes
alexcatalin
Journeyman III

Witcher 3 Has Graphical artifacts and flickers like crazy, making the game unplayable.Witcher 3 Has Graphical artifacts and flickers like crazy, making the game unplayable.Cyberpunk 2077 uses the same engine, is newer and more demanding and runs smooth at ultra settings.Cyberpunk 2077 uses the same engine, is newer and more demanding and runs smooth at ultra settings.

0 Likes
alexcatalin
Journeyman III

As much as I like AMD products, after almost a week of troubleshooting where I did everything except for reinstalling Windows 11, I'm getting a 3080. Sure Nvidia has their own share of issues but at least it works.

0 Likes