Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ma3seb
Journeyman III

5700xt Black Screens & signal loss in games

Dear community, 

I have struggled a long time with this problem, and it genuinely gets me so frustrated.

I have built an AMD rig in december 2019 (2 months ago), specifications are below:

GPU: ASROCK radeon 5700xt

CPU: amd ryzen 5 3600

PCU: Corsair CX550W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (2x8gb)

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

SSD: Kingston A2000 500gb M2.SSD

Monitor: AOC 24G2U

The PC has good performance in AAA games such as Modern Warfare/forza horizon 4, however it randomly loses signal and/or gives a black screen. I then have to turn off the power from the PSU in order to be able to reboot the system.

The black screen also occurs in lighter games such as Rocket League, it's really frustrating and ruins my gaming experience. I have read that there are a lot of people that experience this problem, since it has to do with AMD's drivers. I have tried running old GPU drivers, and currently run version 20.2.1, no succes.

Lastly, I would like to note that I haven't messed with any of the settings. I haven't overclocked the GPU or undervolted it, Furthermore in long gaming sessions the GPU reaches a temperature of max 80-85 degrees.

I hope anyone knows whether to fix this problem, and/or whether this is in the warranty.

Thank you.

5 Replies
koszalek
Adept III

hi, change your power supply to a minimum of 700w
0 Likes
caffeine_corpse
Journeyman III

So i've been having an issue regarding RX 5600 XT XFX THIXX III Pro, I would play modern Warfare no OC(OverClock) or UC(UnderClock) just normal standard gaming mode. Anyways It would turn off my monitor and tell me no hdmi input.

My Computer would still running just refusing to go back on the monitor,

thought it was the following:

PSU

HDMI CABLE tried 3

CPU 

Motherboard and such i tested all of it and did all the updates for them including this magnificent Beast of a GPU.

after a few evenings after work i found the problem,

It is too fudging BIG  i saw that the GPU sags a bit so i took a few lego and built a Brace for it to push it up.

Comes down to the card being too heavy and gravity pulling it down legitly the reason i was struggling, it just made a half a mm not contact with my motherboard that is all So try it if you think this might be your problem

or try running your card vertical with the force of natural gravity

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

Try To Stress Test Your GPU if The Same Thing Happen It Is a High Probability Your PSU

Because Recommended Is 650W and Minimum Is 600W &

A Little Reminder:

1- Clean Old GPU Drivers Using DDU In Safemode [Press & Hold Shift While You Restart And You Will Be Able to Enter Safemode]

2- Update Your MOBO To The Latest Compatible Bios.

3- Clean Install Latest Chipset Drivers.

4- Disable hardware acceleration.

5- Install Driver Only Through Device Manager.

6-Try To Change The Port To HDMI.

0 Likes
caffeine_corpse
Journeyman III

It works fine now

0 Likes

How Did You Manage To Fix it? Did You Switch To HDMI Cable?

Is It Working Even With (Steam Client GUI - Firefox - Radeon Software GUI - Microsoft Edge)?

0 Likes