cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ibaya72
Journeyman III

5600XT Crashing with no error message

This has been going on for some time now when Im playing what could be any game from League to Halo to browsing chrome or watching twitch. Randomly My screens will go black and my computer will shut down and reboot. Sometimes when I reboot i have to go to my device manager and re-enable my graphics card because it turns off for some reason. Other time when it crashes it wont reboot on its own and my case lights will just flicker on and off and I cant reboot my computer for a while. Just honestly tired of it and have thought about just getting a new card (Non-AMD) but don't want to resort to that. I know its a longshot but anyone have an leads or ideas on resolving this? I've updated drivers, I've wiped drivers and reinstalled, I've factory reset my computer but nothing works. I've also monitored my temps and usage while gaming and nothing seems to spike when it happens. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

RX 5600xt Red Devil 

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI (AM4)

0 Likes
3 Replies
amdman
Challenger

What are the specifications on the Power Supply Unit? RAM? Using stock setting or OCing? Try removing any OC and see if the problem persists. Can you test the card in another PC to see if you can isolate the problem?

0 Likes

Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 750 80+ Bronze 

Ram: GSkill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 3200

I havent messed with any setting so its stock settings. Would you know how to disable OC on an Aorus BIOS? Im not too familiar with OCing. Unfortunately I cant test in another PC

0 Likes

It usually will say something like auto, off, advanced or manual to tweak the OC, I left the auto overclock on my B550 board and so far it's working well, and I didn't do any advanced overclocking either. It's something you should be able to look online to get the manual for your motherboard and it will describe the settings. If you set overclocking to off, it will have less stress on your PSU, so if that fixes the problems it would be good idea to replace the PSU. You can use a program like hardware info 64 and look and see if the 12V rail is going low below +/- 5%, 11.4 to 12.6 V range, when you run a benchmark or demanding game, that would point to your power supply not delivering enough power.

I think the power supply should be plenty and it's a good power supply, gold is higher efficiency, but it should work. Sometimes power supplies do go bad and can cause shutdowns. At this point I would try to find some other troubleshooting guides for Windows like making sure you don't have any corrupt windows files with sfc /scannow, look up some guides for troubleshooting when a PC reboots unexpectedly. These problems can be hard to track down. Good luck!

Edit- just to make sure, be certain you used the AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU program in safe mode to make sure the older drivers are fully removed, then installed the new drivers.

0 Likes