cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ediomin
Adept I

XFX Speedster SWFT 309 Radeon RX 6700 XT (CORE) - Hotspot issue, finally have an answer!

Hello guys, as an owner of this GPU: XFX Speedster SWFT 309 Radeon RX 6700 XT (CORE) - i also had the hotspot issue.

Before solution i have during gaming temps around 75-77° on GPU sensor and 95-110° on GPU HOTSPOT sensor.
After reaplying the thermalpaste, and clean gpu, also change thermal pads - NOTHING happend. 

BUT! - i tried to change the thickness of the thermal pads (before i used the same as original XFX) - 1,5mm on VRM - but i change it to 1mm on VRM, and on PWМ i used 3mm pad, on coils i used 1,5mm - and imagine! 

My temps now:
IDLE - 33°
Gaming ULTRA settings - 65° on GPU sensor
HOTSPOT never goes over 80°
Fans on 700(spins/min)

So please, befor u tried to undervolt or something - try reaply the thermal pads - and check the thermal paste. 
AND finally NEVER LISTEN THAT 110°C ON HOTSPOT IS OKAY...

There are my screens. 
RIGHT THICKNESS OF THERMAL PADSRIGHT THICKNESS OF THERMAL PADSafter apply the good thickness of thermal padsafter apply the good thickness of thermal padsbefore!before!too thick thermal padstoo thick thermal padstoo thick thermal pads by XFXtoo thick thermal pads by XFXXFX SPEEDSTER SWFT 309 AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT COREXFX SPEEDSTER SWFT 309 AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT CORE
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH - 

11 Replies
thebluessv
Journeyman III

Hi man, I have the same card and was thinking of doing this process! Do you have any more details of how many screws you need to take off to dissasemble? Are you still having low temps after a month?

Thank you!

Hi man, exactly 10 screws. Now i check my temps and its still low (around 75-80°) on junction temps. Works pretty fine. 

Be careful, when u dissasemble u have to disconect fans! And also sometimes screws are too tight, so u have to be careful. 

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Which pads did u use?

0 Likes

I used thermal pads from AliExpress - i guess 10W/m.k. I ordered different sizes, and just try.

0 Likes

Okay thanks.

0 Likes
i-Roobi
Journeyman III

i have the same card and i replaced the thermal pad to 1.5mm because the old one was very pad. so you changed the thermal pads on vrm and vram to 1mm and the gpu temp was better? because my gpu is hot

0 Likes

and as is see there is no thermal pads on mosfet is that ok ?

0 Likes

They are, but not in a photos O:) i used the same size, as original.

Hi, I have same issue and was planning to do the same thing as you. What was the original size you mentioned here? About to order the thermalpads myself.

0 Likes

I guess it is depends on what type of pads do you use u have difference between w/mk - i use 10W/mk but there are also 15-30W/mk u should try. And sometimes radiator isnt sit properly, so check also this. 

After a more than 6 months, everything works fine. Temps are low. 
IDLE around 35-45° and Gaming temps: around 75 -80°C

But there is only one game with issue - Age of Empries IV - with full settings etc, idk why my temps are around 88°C

0 Likes
BigCobra
Journeyman III

Hi! awesome work!

- what is the mosfet mentinoed above?

- did u put any thermal on the back of the card?

Thanks!

0 Likes