cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PCD_SP
Journeyman III

XFX RX 6800XT + X570 + R7 3700X

Every SINGLE time the monitor turns off, there's a USB disconnect sound... plus a Radeon Wattman crash! I can see up to 10 Radeon Software icons in the 'show hidden icons' section of my running system trays...

Clean install of Windows 10 Pro, drivers and bios, everything up to date!

Monitor is LG UltraGear 34'' 144Hz. Ryzen 7 3700X, Asus X570-E rog strix with GSkill 3200Mhz (default OC profile for RAM), everything stock, no OC... on a 1000Watt Corsair RM1000x PSU that connects 2 different ports to the card.

It runs under 65C GPU and 58C CPU at 3440x1440 Star Wars Battlefront 2 Ultra 144fps FreeSync ON.

The issue is not overheating, not power related, it's pure software... maybe stop releasing 100 versions per month and sort out this basic sleep/wake/HDR nonsense in Windows!

When it wakes up, the monitor's HDR settings shows enabled, but the brightness is rubbish! I need to disable HDR and re-enable it for the brightness to be correct!

This is very annoying. I believe I have scored buying this card for cheap (900€) considering its price now, but I'm afraid the drivers are utter junk, considering so many people have the similar issue reported back years before! Might have to go back to team green soon...

ANY solution?

0 Replies