Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

comoema
Journeyman III

XFX Radeon RX 480 - 8Gb / Instant reboot when using GPU/Benchmarks

Hello everyone.

Im desperate trying to make my graphics card working but Im experiencing issues.
The story goes, I been playing with same pc configuration (PSU 750w) without any issue till 2-3 years back then I stopped cos no time.
Now I wanted to use Unreal Engine some other games I thought my graphics card - XFX Radeon RX 480 with 8gb - can provide me still some enjoyable results.

Here the thing : Im running Windows 10 Home edition (which I had before), update to latest driver Adrenalin 24.1.1 and also tried the one before Adrenalin 23.11.1 but without success.

The card get recognised without problem under Windows but when I try to run some benchmark for testing, like Heaven Benchmark 4.0, after a couple of second, the pc reboots instantly and I hear the fun of the GPU running loud.

I tried with fresh Windows 10 installation also and no success.

I tried also with fresh installation of old driver dated back to 2018 (this graphics card was released in 2016 (but I experience the same thing.

Something curious is if I run the benchmark at lowest resolution like 640x360 It runs no problem but I can see the GPU temperature (trough Windows Task Manager) reach 85-89 degrees Celsius.
When I tried to higher up the resolution, I get brutal reboot instantly.

I didnt have any problem some years back.

Reaching out to understand if anyone has experienced the same, trying not to give up, I believe something is wrong and I dont mind to keep this card running still even if getting a bit old.

Thank you!

0 Likes
0 Replies