cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KRYFIVE
Journeyman III

xfx 6700xt keeps crashing

Original build built in 2014 = FX 8350 black ocd to 4.7, MSI Gaming 970 mb, MSI R9-390, EVGA 1000w power unit.

Just bought a XFX 6700xt and popped it in to the system and immediately realized it was running on the standard windows driver because my R9 390 was a AMD legacy driver from back in the day. Clean install of the new 23.?? what ever showed me that I had a issue. The radeon software would not recognise the driver that accompanied it and my system would make those **bleep** noises when drivers get pissed off and screen went black, gaming it would freeze hard whole system not just gpu. so i lowered what was a very stable cpu overclock that I was proud of to try to balance the issue, but to no avail. I entend on upgrading CPU to AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, and a new motherboard, thinking ASUS tuff or better "i like over clocking and want better VRM's etc.." I seen in a Reddit that AM3 platform won't support new AM4+ AMD drivers for 6700 series GPU's and that is why my system keeps **bleep**ing the bed and resorting to standard windows display driver. I currently can run some of the drivers like 22.3 somethings and 22.4's but cant find a version of Adrenaline that is stable for more than a few hours. I did play some PUBG for like 3 hours on driver and adrenaline version 22.5.1 but then in the morning I hopped on and had a system denial of my driver /adrenaline compatability where I got all the chimes ass one by one the display, audio, and all the other drivers busted their load all over my reality. Can anyone help me until I can pony up the other 900$ to get the upgrades. -side note.  My bios hasn't had an update since 2015 when it came out. They don't make one. I guess the 970 platform fell off quick. 

0 Likes
0 Replies