cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

marcrix
Journeyman III

Windows 11 keeps installing the default driver after I install Adrenaline 22.8.2

Hello,

I use a Windows 11 Acer Aspire 5 LapTop with AMD Ryzen 5700U and would like to use the 3D program Blender. Due to some display bugs in Blender, I've updated the default driver that comes with Windows 11 with the AMD-recommended Adrenaline driver. 22.8.2.
After about 1-2 days, the driver seems to reset itself to the standard driver so that the display errors can be seen again in Blender. So that the driver does not reset itself again and again, I followed the instructions below and deactivated the automatic driver updates in Windows 11.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300
Unfortunately that didn't help as the driver still resets itself after I reinstalled Adrenaline.

AMD Problem.jpg

What can I do to keep the Adrenalin driver since it's the only way I can use Blender?

Regards

Marc

0 Likes
2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

How to Enable/Disable Automatic Driver Updates in Windows 11 (minitool.com)

I stopped them with WAY 2.. Follow the the link above..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
ThreeDee
Paragon

Disabling driver auto updating in Windows 11 was one of the first things I did when I started running with 11

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes