cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Windows 10 disconnect sound when monitor powers on.

Hello. Sorry if this isn't the proper place to put this, but I'm not sure where else to look.

I recently replaced my monitor cable (DVI-D single link to DVI-D dual link) in the hopes that it would fix my screen flickering issue after I replaced the monitor with a spare I had. When I power the monitor on, it flickers black with the windows device disconnect sound before resuming function. Anyone know why this might be?

other device specs:
ASUS Strix X470-F motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600X processor, 16gb RAM (task manager says 1067 mhz, I still don't know how to check properly since I'm not a super good computer person), Radeon RX470 graphics card, 600 watt EVGA power supply, and Windows 10 Pro.

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

The issue you're encountering could be caused by a few different factors. Here are a few possibilities:

1. Incorrect cable: Make sure that you have the correct cable for your new monitor and that it is securely connected to your graphics card.

2. Graphics card drivers: Try updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version. If the drivers are outdated, it could cause issues with your display.

3. Power Supply: Ensure that your power supply is providing enough power to your graphics card. If it's not providing enough power, it could result in screen flickers or other issues.

4. Monitor Settings: Try adjusting the monitor settings, such as refresh rate or resolution, to see if that resolves the issue.

5. Graphics card compatibility: If you've recently upgraded your monitor, it's possible that your graphics card is not fully compatible with the new monitor. In this case, you may need to purchase a new graphics card that is compatible with your monitor.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to consult a technician or the manufacturer for further assistance.

0 Likes
gquiring
Adept I

I am having the same issue.  I have the 6750 XT.  Drivers from device panel on Win 10 are 31.0.23013.1023.  My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite X 1.0. My monitor is connected using Display Port.  My drivers are current downloaded direct from AMD.  

Did you ever resolve the problem?  

0 Likes