Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cemilazerty
Adept I

win10 corrupt after installing the driver of Radeon 7900 xt

Hi everyone,

I just bought everything to make a new PC including a brand new graphic card Radeon 7900 xt. 

I installed windows and everything goes fine until I install the driver of the graphic card. At this moment, during the installation, the PC crashes and there is no other way to completly install windows.

I looked on internet and i saw this : https://www.pcworld.com/article/1529986/rare-amd-radeon-driver-bug-corrupt-windows-fix.html

So i tried to download a previous driver (22.12.2) and i never connected the internet. So i don't have any update of windows in processing. And still : it crashed during the installation and i can't do anything but to reinstall windows. 

I am completly desesperate...

My motherboard is a rog strix b650e-f gaming wifi and my processor is a amd ryzen 5 7600 x.  

Do you have any way to help me ? 

6 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

So to clarify, you cannot complete the Windows install?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cemilazerty
Adept I

I can complete it with no problem. But as soon as I install the driver of the graphic card, the screen goes black and i must reinstall windows otherwise it will remains black forever

Okay. Which Windows version are you using?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Just realized your title says Windows 10. You said you tried the 22.12.2 drivers have you tried any others, besides 23.8.1?

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried switch the display cable, hdmi or display port, to your motherboard instead of the GPU to see if you get picture out there.

0 Likes
cemilazerty
Adept I

Hi thanks for your answers. 

No i tried 2 drivers, an old one and the newest one. 

I was already on the motherboard. 

After I looked on internet on a different research than "corrupt windows" but just "black screen", it appears it was my HDMI cable !!!!!!!!!! Who would guess that ? I tried with a displayport cable and now it all works perfectly. 

So for anyone who have the issue : "black screen after windows update/graphic driver update" => My solution was to change the cable plug to the screen. 

Thank you again cpure91 for your answers.