cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

papabear7979
Adept I

Why will the Display ports for the AMD Radeon RX5500 XT not work.

I have bought two of the AMD Radeon RX5500 XT graphics cards, and the same thing happens with both.  On both of them, the display ports will not work at all.  None of the three.  Even if those are the only ones that have anything plugged into them.  I have verified it is not the cables or the monitors, because I have another machine with an older video card in which it support the multiple monitors.  And to top that off, I have been using a 6450 and a 7450 on the same machine I am now using the RX5500 XT, and they supported multiple monitors.  True they have HDMI, DVI, and VGA ports, but they worked.

My system is as below:

ASUS ROG Strix B550-f motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor

32 GB of DDR4 RAM

SSD hard drive

SATA Hard drives

AMD Radeon RX5500 XT graphics cards (8 GB GDDR6)

I would be very upset if someone states I have to purchase a different processor, because no where does it say you have to have a "G" processor to get the graphics card to work properly.

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

You do not need a "G" model processor to run multiple monitors from a 5500XT.

Have you tried connecting the HDMI output of the 5500XT to ensure that the card is functioning?

Have you verified that the DisplayPort version of the card (1.4a) the cables and the monitors are all compatible?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

yep, the HDMI  works.  I am using it now.  The display port to HDMI cable is being used on another computer with a different video card (Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti) and it works with the same cables and monitors I was trying to use with my original setup.  It all narrows down to the display ports on the AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT card.  And this is my second card trying to get it to work, in less than a month.

0 Likes