cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Darciukas
Adept I

Whole computer freezes when exiting full screen.

Recently I've been having some issues with my RX 6600XT. Everything started when I tabbed out of my CS:GO game to pause my Spotify music. When I tabbed back into CS:GO it was running at about 2fps, sometimes recovering to the normal performance, but then dropping again soon after. I identified the issue to be caused by Freesync. I turned it off on my monitor and now CS:GO is running as usual. (I'd also like to note that this issue was not present in any other game). Then a bit later I noticed that my entire computer would freeze when exiting full screen or tabbing out of a full screen game. The quickest method I found to unfreezing my PC was unplugging the monitor from my GPU, causing it to default to my secondary monitor for a bit, and then plugging it back in. I have not found a way to prevent this issue so I am asking here.

Specs:

GPU: Asrock Challenger RX 6600 XT

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600

Mobo: Asus tuf gaming b550m-plus

PSU: Thermaltake Smart BM2 Modular 650W

RAM: 16GB 3600MHz KF436C17BBK2/16

Windows version: Windows 11 Insider Preview 23481.1000

AMD drivers version: 23.5.21

Monitor: Lenovo G25-10

1 Solution
Darciukas
Adept I

Okay, so the issue has randomly stopped appearing now? I waited a week with this issue before posting on here to prevent this :). I did not make any changes to my set up after posting here. I will now be marking this solved. I apologize for anyone who might come here in the future with the same problem and see this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would first swap out that monitor cable.  Is it a Display Port cable or an HDMI cable?  Either way, try another one or borrow one from a friend.  If that doesn't help, also consider trying another monitor.  

I'm assuming you have already updated your graphics driver.  Maybe look at disabling some other display options in the Adrenalin driver software.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Darciukas
Adept I

Okay, so the issue has randomly stopped appearing now? I waited a week with this issue before posting on here to prevent this :). I did not make any changes to my set up after posting here. I will now be marking this solved. I apologize for anyone who might come here in the future with the same problem and see this.

0 Likes