cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stburr91
Journeyman III

What is this light on my GPU

I've been having problems with my GPU crashing, and I get a black screen. 

Sometimes when the GPU crashes (but not always), there is a little orange light on near where the power plugs into the GPU. What is this light, and what does it mean when it's on? The light will stay on even when I shut down the PC. The light will turn off on it's own in an hour, or two, sometimes longer, and the GPU will work again. When the light is on, the GPU doesn't work. 

My GPU is a, ASUS TUF Gaming RX 7800 XT OC Edition 16GB GDDR6 Video Card.

8KOFqRU

0 Likes
4 Replies

Issue with power supply to card, what make/model/watts psu?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The power supply is a,  1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply.

0 Likes

Never heard of the 'Standard' brand, could be pcie cable problem or card itself?

Suggest you contact asus support, and/or post a query on the asus rog forum.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

That light means problem with power, it should light up and then shut off as a test or go white (some RoG models its white when ok). If the red light doesnt go out with system powered on, then Try the basic first:

Re-seating the card and auxiliary power cables. Make sure you fully insert them.

Use separate cables, do not daisy chain or try other cables.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes